LEVIS, QC, Sept. 9 /CNW Telbec/ - Desjardins Financial Security (DFS) had
a record year in terms of the number of awards it won in the 2009 Insurance &
Financial Communicators Association (IFCA) contest. IFCA has approximately 700
members from more than 225 life and health insurance and financial services
companies across Canada and the U.S. The Company earned no fewer than twelve
distinctions, including two Best of Show awards, eight Awards of Excellence
and two Honourable Mentions. This is the sixth consecutive year that IFCA has
recognized the quality of DFS communications and advertising initiatives.
"As communicators, we face a number of challenges in our work. That's why
it means so much to be recognized in such a positive way by our peers. We owe
this recognition to our communications, marketing and advertising teams who go
above and beyond to develop projects designed to promote the Desjardins brand
and image across Canada year after year," said Daniel Roussel, Vice-President,
Public Affairs and Communications.
The winning projects
Two Best of Show awards
- Through the magic of fibre optics, DFS was able to bring together some
4,000 employees from three work sites (Toronto, Montréal and Québec)
for its "Much higher! Much further!" employee meeting. This simulcast
earned a Best of Show award in the "Special or Different Projects -
Developed Internally" category.
- The "Rethink Retirement" (http://www.dsf-dfs.com/en-CA/_Utilitaires/Prmtns/LgnsAffrs/Crprtf/AcclRpnsrRtrt/RtrtVrc/SndgNtnlRtrt2007.htm)
brochure, inspired by the results of the annual retirement survey of
Canadians coast to coast, also won a Best of Show award in the
"Internally Developed Communications - Print" category.
Eight Awards of Excellence
- The "Meet the experts" (http://www.dsf-dfs.com/en-CA/_Utilitaires/Prmtns/LgnsAffrs/Crprtf/AcclRpnsrRtrt/RtrtVrc/PrlsExprts.htm)
advertorial series featuring interviews with various leading Canadian
retirement and health experts, including David K. Foot, earned an Award
of Excellence in the "Consumer Publication Advertising" category.
- The Be Well site (http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/partners/free/desjardins/bewell/index.php),
which was developed in partnership with The Globe & Mail and covers a
variety of Canadian health topics, stood out in the "Special or
Different Projects - Electronic" category.
- The "Buy Direct, Save Big" for the Desjardins travel insurance campaign
earned an Award of Excellence in the "Internet Advertisements"
- The "Your RRSP, your TFSA, your Projects" guide, which provides
Canadians with basic savings information, was rewarded with an Award of
Excellence in the "Prospect/Customer Promotion - Print" category.
- The campaign to help recruit new SFL financial advisors earned an Award
of Excellence in the "Recruiting Materials" category.
- The "Are you one of those people who leaves their future to chance?"
campaign designed to promote the services of financial advisors during
RRSP season received an Award of Excellence in the "Magazine Inserts"
- The DFS savings service video earned an Award of Excellence in the
"General Interest Video" category.
- The "Harmony" critical illness insurance brochure won an Award of
Excellence in the "Sales Promotion - End Customer" category.
Two Honourable Mentions
- The "Les petits plaisirs de la vie" life annuity series earned an
Honourable Mention in the "Consumer Publication Advertising" category.
- The "I know my clients well" campaign designed to promote the
Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network (DFSIN) brand to
English-speaking clients on the web received an Honourable Mention in
the "Internet Advertisements" category.
About the IFCA contest
IFCA is dedicated to the ongoing professional development of its members.
This association's annual contest covers twelve categories related mainly to
advertising, public relations, corporate communications and sales promotion in
the field of insurance and financial services.
About Desjardins Financial Security
Desjardins Financial Security, a subsidiary of Desjardins Group, the
largest integrated cooperative financial group in Canada, specializes in
providing life insurance, health insurance and retirement savings products to
individuals and groups. Every day, over five million Canadians rely on
Desjardins Financial Security to ensure their financial security. Desjardins
Financial Security employs nearly 3,800 people and administers over $20.4
billion in assets from offices in several cities across the country, including
Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec, Lévis,
Halifax and St. John's.
For further information:
For further information: Isabelle Truchon, Communications Advisor, (514)
350-8700, extension 8668, Toll free: 1-877-750-8700, extension 8668,
Isabelle.email@example.com; Virtual newsroom: