Announcement comes after McGuinty shuts down Legislature three weeks
QUEEN'S PARK, June 6 /CNW/ - It's amazing what an election year will do
to Dalton McGuinty. In 2005, during the "Summer of the Gun", he was nowhere to
be found and his Attorney General took virtually the entire summer off.
Now, Dalton McGuinty is trying to look like he's taking action on crime
with an announcement to the Toronto Star that schools will be open all summer.
However, his public relations scheme has already been exposed for what it is.
During an interview this morning on CFRB, Toronto board trustee
Bruce Davis, said he had been first contacted by Dalton McGuinty's Education
Minister about putting together the program "two weeks ago".
"It's been almost four years and we haven't seen a coordinated, effective
approach to dealing with crime on our streets. Dalton McGuinty has sat on the
sidelines, let the problem get worse and now he's trying to look like he's
doing something about it," said PC Attorney General Critic Christine Elliott.
She added: "Dalton McGuinty has done little to make youth programs
properly coordinated and more effective. He hasn't acted to improve the
justice system and police aren't getting the support they need."
For further information:
For further information: Christine Elliott, (416) 325-1331