-- CSI: Miami wins Monday for second straight week with 2 million
-- Two and a Half Men once again delivers for 'A' --
TORONTO, Sept. 30 /CNW/ - CTV once again owned Monday with the Top 3
programs on Canadian television, winning every hour from 8 p.m. - 12 midnight.
The Top 3 programs were:
No.1 - CSI Miami
- CSI: Miami was the No.1 program of the night in total viewers
(2 million) and the key demos of A25-54 (1.1 million) and A18-49
- CSI: Miami bested its timeslot competitors The CBC National News
(712,000) and the premiere of Life (Global/NBC; 567,000).
No.2 - Dancing With the Stars
- The two-hour Dancing With the Stars was the No.2 show of the night
with 1.64 million total viewers (8-10 p.m.), winning both the
8 p.m. and 9 p.m. hours.
- At 8 p.m., Dancing With the Stars (1.6 million) delivered more
viewers than Prison Break (8 p.m., Global/FOX; 908,000) and
Dragon's Den (CBC; 697,000)
- At 9 p.m., Dancing With the Stars (1.7 million) delivered more
viewers than Heroes (Global/NBC; 1.2 million) and The Border
No.3 - CTV Evening News
- With its leading federal election coverage, CTV Evening News was the
No.3 show of the night, with 1.4 million viewers
On 'A', Two and a Half Men is proving to be a ratings hit for the new
channel, scoring 809,000 viewers in the competitive 9 p.m. timeslot. Last
night's episode of Two and a Half Men is now available on demand on the CTV
Video Player at CTV.ca.
All-new episodes air on CTV tonight with Criminal Minds at 8 p.m. ET,
Dancing With the Stars at 9 p.m. ET and Law & Order: SVU at 10 p.m. ET (check
ctv.ca to confirm local broadcast times).
Source: Preliminary overnight data, CTV Total, Global Total and CBC Total
(BBM Nielsen Media Research).
For further information:
For further information: Laura Heath Potter, CTV Inc., (416) 332-4633,
email@example.com; Jim Quan, CTV Inc., (416) 332-5311, firstname.lastname@example.org