TORONTO, Sept. 17 /CNW/ - For the past three years, John Tory travelled
the province telling everyone who would listen that physiotherapy,
chiropractic services, and eye exams should be covered by the province
because, in his view, covering them would save money in the long run (National
Post, December 8, 2004).
But today on CFRA radio in Ottawa, this is what Tory said when asked if
he would fund these services: "I have not committed myself to doing that...so
it is not in our platform to restore funding."
On the one hand, John Tory says it should be done to save money. On the
other hand, he says he won't do it.
By taking two completely inconsistent positions on one issue, Tory is
again demonstrating his questionable judgment. And by continually changing his
mind on key issues, he's doing anything but showing leadership.
Some more examples of John Tory saying something without thinking it
- Fund physiotherapy, chiropractic services, - Won't fund them
and eye exams
- Run more female candidates than the - Wasn't even close
- Not run a negative campaign - Most negative campaign
in Ontario history
- Restore teacher testing - Haven't heard anything
for a while
- Bring back the Harris/Eves lifetime - Won't admit to it
For further information:
For further information: Ben Chin, (416) 961-3800 ext. 412,