Canadians have more banking choice with 30 CIBC branches now open on
TORONTO, March 11 /CNW/ - Beginning this Sunday, March 15, 2009, an
additional 15 CIBC branches across the country will open their doors on
Sundays from noon to 4 p.m.
"With Canada's diverse population, we know Monday to Friday just doesn't
work for everyone. Sunday is now a busy shopping day for many Canadians.
That's why we're adding full-service Sunday banking at additional CIBC
branches," said Christina Kramer, CIBC's Executive Vice-President of Retail
"We're continuing to invest in expanding our service hours to offer our
clients more flexibility to bank and get financial advice when it fits their
CIBC is the leader among Canada's big 5 banks in offering seven-day
branch banking since introducing Sunday hours in select branches in the
Greater Toronto Area and Vancouver Lower Mainland in 2008. By the end of 2009,
CIBC clients will be able to bank on Sunday at 45 branches across the country.
"Sunday branch banking gives clients more access to trusted advisors to
talk about what matters to them," added Kramer. "With a free CIBC Financial
Health Check, our advisors can help clients gain confidence to make the right
decisions to meet their current needs and their goals for tomorrow."
CIBC branches offering full-service Sunday hours from noon to 4 p.m. as
of March 15 are:
- Lynden Park Mall in Brantford NEW;
- Albion Road & Kipling in Etobicoke NEW;
- Guelph & Mountainview in Georgetown NEW;
- Upper James & Rymal in Hamilton NEW;
- Masonville in London NEW;
- Markville Shopping Centre in Markham;
- Thompson & Steeles in Milton;
- Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga NEW;
- Billings Bridge Plaza in Ottawa NEW;
- Morningside Crossing in Scarborough NEW;
- Bloor & Runnymede in Toronto NEW;
- Yonge & Eglinton in Toronto NEW;
- Bathurst & Lawrence in Toronto;
- Bayview Village Centre in Toronto;
- Gerrard Square in Toronto;
- Dundas & Spadina in Toronto;
- Spadina & Fort York in Toronto;
- Centre Street & Bathurst in Vaughan;
- Conestoga Mall in Waterloo NEW; and
- Devonshire Mall in Windsor NEW.
- Kingsway & McKercher in Burnaby;
- Brentwood Mall in Burnaby;
- Lougheed Mall in Burnaby;
- Orchard Park Banking Centre in Kelowna NEW;
- Grandview Corners in Surrey;
- Guildford Town Centre in Surrey;
- Yaletown in Vancouver;
- Mayfair Shopping Center in Victoria NEW; and
- Park Royal Shopping Centre in West Vancouver.
- Southcentre Mall in Calgary NEW.
Offering Sunday hours and adding Saturday and evening hours at branches
across the country is one more way CIBC is giving its clients more banking
options. CIBC also has a five-year strategic plan to build, relocate and
expand over 70 new branches across the country by 2011.
With 1051 branches, CIBC clients already have access to one of the
largest branch networks in Canada. CIBC clients also benefit from access to
more than 3,700 automated bank machines, and 24/7 service over the phone and
on Canada's award-winning online banking site, www.cibc.com.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with nearly 11
million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of
products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network,
branches and offices across Canada, and has offices in the United States and
around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC
in our Press Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.
For further information:
For further information: Media contact: Doug Maybee, Director, External
Communications and Media Relations, (416) 980-7458 or firstname.lastname@example.org