New CIBC Banking Centres are part of CIBC's strategic plan to build,
relocate and expand over 70 new branches by 2011
TORONTO, Oct. 29 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX; NYSE) - CIBC today announced
plans to open 16 new full service branches across Canada in 2008 - 2009 to
provide its clients with greater flexibility, access and choice. These
branches are part of CIBC's strategic plan to build, relocate and expand over
70 new branches across the country by 2011.
"CIBC already has one of the largest branch networks across Canada," said
Sonia Baxendale, Senior Executive Vice-President, CIBC Retail Markets. "We
know our clients like the choice that we offer them when it comes to how they
bank with us," said Baxendale. "Whether they choose to bank remotely through
our online banking site, over the phone, or in person at an ABM or branch, our
emphasis is on providing our clients with more choice and flexibility."
The new branches include:
- Helmcken and Homer, (Yaletown) in Vancouver, BC;
- Grandview Corners in White Rock, BC;
- Panorama Village in Surrey, BC;
- Main & 4th in Smithers, BC;
- 130th Avenue and 50th Street in Calgary, AB;
- Anthony Henday and Terwillegar in Edmonton, AB;
- St. Albert Trail and Giroux (St. Albert) in Edmonton, AB;
- Jane and Norwood in Vaughan, ON;
- Dufferin and Major Mackenzie in Vaughan, ON;
- Yonge and Tower Hill in Richmond Hill, ON;
- Bayview and Wellington in Aurora, ON;
- Bovaird and Airport Road in Brampton, ON;
- Thompson and Steeles in Milton, ON;
- Taunton and Garden in Whitby, ON;
- North Front and Bell in Belleville, ON; and
- Dartmouth Crossing in Dartmouth, NS.
CIBC offers its clients convenient hours, including evening and Saturday
banking hours in many of its branches, as well as its recently announced plans
to open on Sundays in select urban branches. In addition to one of the largest
branch networks in Canada, CIBC has the second largest ABM network with more
than 3,800 automated bank machines, and offers 24/7 service over the phone and
on Canada's leading online banking site, www.cibc.com.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with almost
11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of
products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network,
branches and offices across Canada, in the United States and around the world.
For more information about CIBC visit www.cibc.com.
For further information:
For further information: Media contact: Doug Maybee, Director, External
Affairs and Media Relations, (416) 980-7458 or email@example.com