June 23, 2007
Guests arrive 6:00pm. Dinner served 7:00pm
Parliament Hill, West Block, Room 200
Business attire. Interviews available upon request.
OTTAWA, June 22 /CNW/ - Tomorrow, on behalf of the Priory of Canada,
Honourable René J. Marin, Chancellor, is pleased to welcome The Right
Honourable Beverley McLachlin, P.C., Chief Justice of Canada as dinner speaker
for the Order of St. John's 2007 Investiture Dinner. St. John holds its Annual
General Meeting in preparation for its 125th Anniversary in Canada.
The Order of St. John flag will be flying on Parliament Hill, all
weekend, in recognition of St. John Day, as well as the investiture of
Canadians into the Order of St. John, at 1:00 pm tomorrow at the Senate.
As Canadians celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Charter of Rights and
Freedoms, Chief Justice McLachlin will speak to the Order of St. John members
about the positive impact of the Charter and how it protects the daily lives
of Canadians. History has shown that humanitarian organizations, such as St.
John, can only provide support to those in need, in a free and open society,
regardless of race, creed, religion or affiliation.
St. John Ambulance Canada is:
- A member of a world-wide charitable and humanitarian organization
dedicated to the service of others
- Established in 1883 in Canada. 2008 is the 125th Anniversary!
- Serves communities across Canada
- 22,000 volunteers provide more than two million volunteer hours,
- 6,000 certified instructors
- Provides first aid and CPR training programs that contain the latest
protocols and meet provincial and federal regulations
- Trains more than 570,000 Canadians in first aid and CPR each year
Backgrounder and organizational information at www.sja.ca/news.aspx
For further information:
For further information: Jennifer Lavoie, Director of Communications,
National, (613) 236-1283 ext 228, (613) 859-9000 cell, www.sja.ca