OTTAWA, June 25 /CNW Telbec/ - The Royal Canadian Mint invites family and friends to celebrate Canada Day with fun activities and entertainment for all ages.
Where: Royal Canadian Mint
------ 320 Sussex Drive
When: July 1, 2010
----- 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Vancouver 2010 Athlete Medals! Look for the tent on Mint grounds
and hear first-hand how they were crafted, hold one for your own
photo and receive a special souvenir. This will be the last time
to view the medals up close and hold them before they go back into
- Free tours! Learn about the fascinating world of coin production.
- Coin Exchange! Collect the newest $1 circulation coin honouring
the 100th Anniversary of the Canadian Navy.
- Family Fun! Face painting, clowns, magician and balloon animal
- BBQ Lunch! Priced to please from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Shop! Browse the Mint's Boutique for great gift ideas and
About the Royal Canadian Mint
Over the past 102 years, the Royal Canadian Mint has emerged as a global leader in minting. A few of its internationally-renowned "firsts" include developing a revolutionary coin-plating process, producing the world's thinnest bi-metallic coin, the purest 99.999% bullion gold coin and first coloured circulation coin in the world.
The Ottawa facility, which occupies the same premises on which the Mint was founded, produces hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold bullion coins, medals and medallions. It also houses a gold and silver refinery. Established in 1976, the Winnipeg Mint is a high-tech, high-volume manufacturing facility where Canada's circulation coinage is produced, as well as coins for countries around the world.
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mint
For further information: For further information: Christine Aquino, Director, Communications, Royal Canadian Mint, 613-993-9999, email@example.com