OTTAWA, June 26 /CNW Telbec/ - The Royal Canadian Mint is once again
opening its doors to celebrate Canada Day with many fun family activities for
all to enjoy.
Where: Royal Canadian Mint
----- 320 Sussex Drive
When: July 1, 2009
---- 9:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Visitors are invited to...
- Learn about the fascinating world of coin production by taking a free
tour of the Mint.
- Participate in onsite games and family entertainment including face
painting, and clowns, Write a "good luck note" to Canadian Olympians.
- Participate in a coin exchange to obtain the latest 25-cent coins from
the Mint's Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic circulation coin
- Receive free Canada Day tattoos (*)(while supplies last).
- Enjoy a barbecue from 11am to 3pm (priced to please).
- Browse for great gift ideas and memorabilia in the Mint's Boutique.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
Over the past 101 years, the Royal Canadian Mint has emerged as a global
leader in minting. A few of its internationally-renowned "firsts" include
developing a revolutionary coin-plating process, producing the world's
thinnest bi-metallic coin, the purest 99.999% bullion gold coin and first
coloured circulation coin in the world.
The Ottawa facility, which occupies the same premises on which the Mint
was founded, produces hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold
bullion coins, medals and medallions. It also houses a gold and silver
refinery. Established in 1976, the Winnipeg Mint is a high-tech, high-volume
manufacturing facility where Canada's circulation coinage is produced, as well
as coins for countries around the world.
For further information:
For further information: Christine Aquino, Director, Communications,
Royal Canadian Mint, (613) 993-9999, firstname.lastname@example.org