OTTAWA, July 8, 2015 /CNW/ - Media are invited to The Ottawa Hospital on Friday, July 10th, 2015, to meet one of the first patients treated in a world-first clinical trial of a Canadian viral therapy. Researchers who discovered and are developing and testing the therapy will be present, along with representatives of supporting organizations.
- Friday, July 10, 2015, 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- The Ottawa Hospital, General Campus, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON
- Media tour — Cancer Centre entrance at 9:30 a.m.
- News conference — Critical Care Wing Atrium (main floor) at 10:00 a.m. (scientists available for interviews following news conference)
- Mr. John Fraser, MPP Ottawa South
- Dr. John Bell (The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa)
- Dr. Brian Lichty (McMaster University)
- Dr. David Stojdl (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa)
- Dr. Janet Dancey (NCIC Clinical Trials Group)
- Dr. Derek Jonker (The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa)
- Patient (may only be available during the news conference)
SOURCE The Ottawa Hospital
For further information: The Ottawa Hospital: Jenn Ganton, 613-614-5253, firstname.lastname@example.org; McMaster University: Susan Emigh, 905-525-9140, ext. 22555, email@example.com; Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario: Adrienne Vienneau, 613-513-8437, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ontario Institute for Cancer Research: Christopher Needles, 416-673-8505, email@example.com; NCIC Clinical Trials Group: Heather Stanton, 613-533-6430, firstname.lastname@example.org