TORONTO, June 18 /CNW/ - At the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian
Life and Health Insurance Association, Inc. held in Toronto today, Peter C.
McCarthy, President and Chief Executive Officer, AIG Life Insurance Company of
Canada, was elected Chairman of the Association for the year ahead.
"I am pleased and honoured to serve the industry over the months ahead,
and I am looking forward to the opportunity to working together with so many
respected and experienced colleagues in continuing the fine tradition of
consensus building and constructive dialogue with regulators and policy-makers
as the Association enters its 113th year in operation," said Mr. McCarthy.
During his term in office, Mr. McCarthy will be working with a Board of
Directors including: newly elected Chairman Elect, Pierre-Yves Julien,
President and Chief Executive Officer, Medavie Blue Cross; two past Chairmen,
James A. Brierley, President, Munich Reinsurance Company, Canada Branch (Life)
and Yvon Charest, President and Chief Executive Officer, Industrial Alliance
Insurance and Financial Services Inc.; and the following Directors:
- Ronald Beettam, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Equitable
Life Insurance Company of Canada;
- Richard Bell, Chief Executive Officer, SSQ Financial Group;
- Alain Brunet, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Bank
Life Insurance Company;
- Dominic D'Alessandro, President and Chief Executive Officer, Manulife
- Denis Devos, President and Chief Operating Officer, Canada, The Great-
West Life Assurance Company/London Life Insurance Company/The Canada
Life Assurance Company; - Gordon Henderson, President and Chief
Executive Officer, BMO Life Insurance Company;
- Dieter Kays, President and Chief Executive Officer, FaithLife
- Paul Reaburn, President and Chief Executive Officer, Transamerica Life
Canada (AEGON Canada Inc.)
Established in 1894, the CLHIA represents companies that together account
for over 99 per cent of Canada's life and health insurance business.
For further information:
For further information: Media queries: Wendy Hope, Vice President,
External Relations, (416) 777-2221 or (613) 851-8401 (cell)