- The spring edition of the Market Manuscript looks at the causes driving the residential housing price growth and the possibility of a national housing bubble in Canada
- Examines the latest findings on government housing market intervention in other global markets
- Report includes a survey of domestic real-estate developers and the general public
TORONTO, March 20, 2017 /CNW/ - Fortress Real Developments (Fortress) released their bi-annual report on the Canadian housing market earlier today. The report, authored by Senior Vice-President of Market Research and Analytics, Ben Myers, includes original research and surveys, supplemented by statistics and data from several independent third-party sources. Mr. Myers is an analyst with 15 years of experience researching real estate markets across North America.
There has never been so much focus on residential housing markets in Canada as there is today, especially as Toronto and Vancouver have been named among the hottest housing markets in the world. Among some of the topics are:
- Why the typical measures to assess a housing bubble are inadequate;
- How the Vancouver housing market has responded to the foreign buyers' tax implemented in August 2016;
- What the government should consider when intervening in the housing market;
- How much time homebuyers will sacrifice via their commute to purchase a larger home;
- Are Toronto housing developers hoarding land; and
- Forecasts call for lower new housing activity in Calgary and Edmonton in 2017.
"With the high price growth in 2016, there is much debate regarding the market dynamics that are pushing up values and whether the housing market is a bubble waiting to burst," says Myers. "This report differentiates fact from fiction and anticipates where the housing market is headed in 2017, especially in the red hot Toronto market."
The full report is available for download here – Fortress Market Manuscript Spring 2017
About Fortress Real Developments
Fortress Real Developments Inc. is a Canadian real estate development company that seeks out and analyzes real estate development opportunities in major Canadian markets. The company is focused on quality projects with recognizable alpha in residential low-rise, high-rise, and commercial market segments. For more information visit: http://fortressrealdevelopments.com
SOURCE Fortress Real Developments
For further information: Jenni Byrne, Bayfield Strategy, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (613) 986-4097