TORONTO, Nov. 16 /CNW/ - With the loonie hovering around record highs,
Canadians are looking for ways to get the biggest bang for their buck when
traveling to the U.S.
"The appeal of U.S.-dollar-denominated bank accounts, credit cards, term
investments and travel-related medical insurance is rising," according to Sid
Chopra, Director, Everyday Banking, BMO Bank of Montreal. "We've seen
increasing interest in products and services designed to help our customers
manage their everyday banking and financial needs in U.S. currency from both
sides of the border."
Canadian cross-border shopping has crept up during the past few years as
the loonie has soared and according to BMO Economists the trend is about to
BMO offers its U.S bound customers the following tips and advice:
- Apply for a BMO U.S. Mosaik MasterCard - All transactions are billed
and paid in U.S. dollars, helping cardholders to bypass the cost and
uncertainty associated with exchange rates;
- Access your accounts free of surcharge or network fees at any one of
more than 500 Harris Branded ABMs.
- Use your debit card to access any one of more than 1.9 million
Maestro Point of Sale terminals in the U.S.
- Open a U.S. Dollar Chequing Account and use the account to pay your
U.S. Mosaik MasterCard.
- Consider a U.S. Dollar Term Investment, with rates that range from
3.70% to 4.10% for deposits from $1,000 to $500,000 respectively;
- Now might be the time to buy U.S. Dollar Mutual Funds, including a
monthly income fund that distributes $0.06 (U.S. $) per unit/per
- If you're a small business customer BMO offers Lending facilities
that allow you to access funds in both U.S. and Canadian currencies;
- If you're one of thousands of Canadians who head to the US over the
winter consider the services offered by BMO Harris Private Bank
including client assistance with cross border tax planning,
coordination of tax return preparation, coordination of travel
medical insurance and bill payment services;
- Use both your US Mosaik MasterCard and debit card and earn valuable
AIR MILES reward miles. Collect AIR MILES from BMO on an ongoing
basis and earn enough to fund your US vacation next year.
For more information on what BMO has to offer please visit your nearest
BMO branch or www.bmo.com.
For further information:
For further information: For Media Relations Enquiries: Katelyn Hunter,
Toronto, firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 867-3996; Paul Gammal, Toronto,
email@example.com, (416) 867-6543; Ronald Monet, Montreal,
firstname.lastname@example.org, (514) 877-1873