Banzai ends 1Q16 with a GMV (Gross Merchandise Volume) up 29% and revenues up 20%
- GMV up 29.0% YoY in 1Q16 (Euro 67.0 million vs Euro 51.9 million in 1Q15):
- +19.7% revenue growth driven by both divisions;
- +19.6% increase in e-Commerce revenues driven by core categories (+21.2% YoY) with a particularly significant performance of Electronic Goods and Domestic Appliances at + 27.7% vs 1Q15.
- +19.8% revenue growth in the Vertical Content area also driven by mobile advertising (AdKaora)
- ePRICE is launching a range of new customized services for delivery and installation of large domestic appliances.
- Outlook 2016 reiterated.
MILAN, April 21, 2016 /CNW/ - Today the Board of Directors of Banzai, the first Italian e-Commerce platform and one of the main digital publishers in Italy, listed on the STAR segment of the Italian Stock Exchange, has approved the preliminary revenues as of 31st March 2016.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150720/238307LOGO )
"In the first quarter of 2016, Banzai has continued increasing its market share also through the contribution of the Marketplace," said Pietro Scott Jovane, Chief Executive Officer at Banzai. "The positive trend in the overall spend of our customers (GMV) in the first quarter confirms the leadership of ePRICE in the online market of Electronic Goods and in particular of Major Domestic Appliances in. In 2016 we continue to focus on customer service, as we launch a new range of delivery and installation services enabled by our mobile proprietary ePRICE Home Service platform. Service enhancement is important for our strategy, which is also based on proximity to customers, thanks to our 200 certified professionals, on our network of over 106 Pick&Pay points and 312 automatic lockers, on the Marketplace and on a catalogue with over 1.3 million high-tech products."
1Q16 performance shows a growth in both absolute and relative terms compared with the market. The growing contribution of the Marketplace enabled the group to achieve, in the quarter, a GMV growth of 29.0% YoY, posting 67.0 million euros, up from 51.9 million euro of 2015.
Group revenues amounted to 59.5 million euros posting an increase of +19.7% compared with 49.7 million euros in the 1Q15 (and +21.2% growth in the e-Commerce core categories), despite a slightly unfavorable comparison on service revenues compared with the rest of the year, and the slower activity related to the Easter holidays.
SOURCE Banzai SpA