Original Free-to-Play Title Sends Players on Epic Space Adventure Featuring Deep Resource Management, Exciting Arcade Combat, Competitive PvP and More
NEW YORK, Sept. 22, 2016 /CNW/ -- Atari®, one of the world's most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, today announced the development of Lunar Battle™, a city-builder and space shooter coming soon to the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch as well as on Google Play for Android devices in fall 2016. An original title, Lunar Battle crash lands players into an epic deep space adventure to explore uncharted terrain and conquer the skies. The free-to-play game incorporates arcade-style combat elements originally popularized in classic Atari space shooters such as Asteroids™ and Star Raiders® into a base-building experience for mobile.
Beginning today, Lunar Battle has soft launched on the App Store and Google Play in Canada, Netherlands and Israel for a limited time before releasing worldwide. To download the app, please visit:
App Store: http://bit.ly/LunarBattleAppStore
Google Play: http://bit.ly/LunarBattleGooglePlay
For a glimpse of what to expect in Lunar Battle, check out the preview trailer: http://bit.ly/LunarBattleVideo
Players will join the action as part of a brave crew of intergalactic explorers that crash-landed on a mysterious, inhospitable planet deep in space. Gathering resources and building infrastructure will be essential to ensuring the explorers can survive the desolate terrain and thrive into a growing populace. Protect the expanding base by taking to the skies to combat against AI and real-life opponents as part of the multiplayer experience. Become the ultimate ruler of the universe in Lunar Battle by mastering key gameplay features, including:
- Build a Base – Create a thriving planetary colony by building all the essentials a space community needs – power, food, water, tech, beer and more. Customize building layouts to create the ultimate personalized galactic refuge.
- Explore the Planet and Harvest Resources – Unearth precious resources including space ores, ship parts and energy sources. Use the materials to keep the population growing and colony thriving.
- Take Flight and Fight – Participate in PVE and PVP dogfights as part of the thrilling arcade space shooter experience. Use materials crafted and salvaged on the surface to outfit and upgrade space fighters with a selection of powerful lasers, plasma cannons, shields and more to become the terror of the nebula!
- Destroy the Enemy – Equip workers with blasters to fight off hordes of disgusting, deadly aliens and expand territory.
- Conquer Campaigns – Beat 50 levels of pulse-pounding space action. Try to score three stars on each level to receive rewards and salvage for completing missions.
"Atari's history creating some of the most memorable arcade space shooters was the inspiration for Lunar Battle," said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari. "The combination of our classic combat gameplay with a multiplayer experience and city-building simulation mechanics gives this all the makings of an engaging mobile game that will hook players and keep them coming back for deep space adventures again and again."
Lunar Battle is currently in development by On5. For more information, visit www.LunarBattle.com. Join the conversation on Twitter at @Lunar_Battle and "Like" Lunar Battle on Facebook .
Atari (www.atari.com) is an interactive entertainment production company. As an iconic brand that transcends generations and audiences, the company is globally recognized for its multi-platform, interactive entertainment and licensed products. Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world-renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, Test Drive®, and RollerCoaster Tycoon®.
Atari has offices in New York and Paris.
© 2016 Atari Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. Atari word mark and logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc.
On5 is a development studio consisting of a group of hard-working enthusiasts willing to bring new ideas into the world of mobile apps.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150128/171825LOGO
For further information: Tony Chien, Senior Marketing Director at Atari, (212) 726-4280, Tony.Chien@atari.com, https://www.atari.com