Giving consumers the freedom of choice
MARKHAM, ON, Oct. 1 /CNW/ - Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is proud
to announce the launch of 'Your Choice Home', a new and innovative home
insurance product that puts real choice back in the hands of the consumer.
"The 'Your Choice Home' insurance product is the first of its kind in
North America. It was built for our customers, by our customers," said
Christianne Dostie, Vice President of Allstate. "We have always made it a
priority to try and do more for our customers and 'Your Choice Home' is just
another step as part of our commitment to respond to the changing demands and
expectations of Canadian consumers."
This revolutionary home insurance product in Canada offers personalized
options to meet a range of unique consumer needs. Customers will select the
home insurance policy that meets their needs and in addition, will now have
the option of choosing from several specialty coverages that best reflect
their individual lifestyle.
For only $35 a year, 'Your Choice Home' allows consumers to add any of
the following packages to their home insurance policy;
- Ski and Snowboard;
- Yard and Garden;
- Game and Fishing; and
- Identity Theft and Legal Expense Coverage.
Dostie added, "Insurance has evolved to become more than just about
protecting your car or your home. Each package was developed and designed
based on the interests, passions, and hobbies of Canadian consumers. 'Your
Choice Home' enables consumers to be insured on their terms."
Coupled with the launch of 'Your Choice Home,' Allstate is also
introducing a Claim-Free Bonus, Disappearing Deductible, and Claim
Forgiveness. Based on the home insurance policy a consumer chooses, one, two
or all three features is included with their policy.
"Allstate has constantly strived to provide a level of customer service
that is second to none in the industry," Dostie said. "I am confident that
consumers are going to notice a difference in how we do business, because they
told us what they are looking for and what they want from an insurance
company, and we listened."
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada produces and distributes home and
auto insurance products right across Canada. The "Good Hands Network" enables
consumers to contact Allstate through one of our 470 exclusive community-based
agents, directly on-line at www.allstate.ca, and through the Customer Contact
Centre at 1-800-ALLSTATE.
Allstate conducted extensive research and confirmed that consumers expect
more from their insurance company. Specifically, consumers want more choice in
the products that are offered. Research clearly shows that;
- Only 50% of those surveyed are very satisfied with their current
insurance provider; and
- A staggering 47% are very or somewhat interested in switching their
home insurance policy to an insurer that provides additional
Your Choice Home enables consumers to be insured on their terms. It also
demonstrates respect and appreciation for what our customers want and what
they are looking for from an insurance company. Specifically, it also reflects
what consumers feel is important to their individual lifestyles and what they
protect if the unexpected happens.
Research indicates, that of those surveyed;
- 42% of households have a golf enthusiast;
- 7% of households have a member attending post secondary school
living away from home;
- 39% of households have a skiing or snowboarding enthusiast;
- 42% of households have a hunting or fishing enthusiast; and
- 100% of those surveyed reported they would be interested in yard
and garden coverage.
Allstate conducted extensive internal and external research on numerous
options to determine which packages consumers would be most interested in
having access to. Allstate continues to conduct follow-up work to determine if
additional personalized options will be made available.
- All risk coverage for loss/damage to golf equipment and an additional
$5,000 increase in the limit for theft coverage for all policies;
- All risk coverage up to $3,000 on owned golf carts; in addition to
existing $1,000 named perils;
- Reimbursement for subscription or pre-paid fees (up to $1,500) if
unable to use golf membership due to illness or accident;
- Temporary replacement of golf equipment (up to $300) to hire
equipment on a temporary basis;
- Hole-in-one celebratory costs (up to $300) to cover celebration costs
for the "house" (up to $300).
Ski and Snowboard Package
- All risk coverage for loss/damage to ski and snowboard equipment, up
to content limit
- $500 limit to hire equipment on a temporary basis
- Reimbursement (up to $1,500) for pre-paid fees if unable to ski due
to illness or accident
- Reimbursement (up to $500) for pre-paid expenses if runs are closed
due to adverse weather or avalanche
- Up to $3,000 coverage for loss or damage to school property that is
on loan to student from the school;
- Up to $5,000 additional living expense coverage;
- Up to $500 coverage for re-taking exams due to illness or accident;
- Up to $1,000 for emergency home travel expenses due to injury/death
of immediate family member;
- Up to $2,000 for non-recoverable fees if unable to attend school due
to illness or accident; and
- $200 limit for spoiled freezer food at the student's residence.
Game and Fishing Package
- All risk coverage for loss/damage to equipment and gear to policy
- Reimbursement of licence fees (up to $200) if unable to hunt/fish due
to illness or accident;
- Up to $500 for the temporary replacement of equipment;
- Reimbursement (up to $1,000) for club/association fees if unable to
hunt/fish due to illness or accident; and
- Provides an additional $1,000 personal property coverage for owned
Yard and Garden Package
- Added coverage for trees, shrubs, plants and lawns for theft
(including attempted), falling trees and branches, windstorm and
- Up to $3,000 coverage for landscape design fees and expenses for
garden damage caused by fire, theft (including attempted), falling
trees and branches, impact, riot, vandalism and malicious acts;
- $25,000 limit for garden tractors.
Identity Theft and Legal Expense Package
- Covers legal fees and expenses (up to a $15,000 maximum limit), with
specific limits for individual out-of-pocket expenses, as per our
endorsement wording; and
- Toll-free legal assistance hotline.
Money will be applied toward a renewal premium for every 12 months that is
- This feature is standard in all three packages (VIP, Elite, Basic).
- A customer will receive a credit based on a percentage of the current
policy term's total written premium against the customer's next
- e.g. if a customer's current Allstate policy has a total written
premium of $800, and they have been claim-free for the 12 months
prior to their renewal with us, their renewal premium would be
reduced by $40 for the next term with a full 5% premium credit
- The credit amount is not cumulative; the credit will be applied to
each new renewal premium as long as the policy remains claim-free
during the preceding 12 months.
- Customers must be claim-free with Allstate for the 12 months
immediately prior to renewal.
The deductible will decrease by $100 for every consecutive term there is
not a claim - until the deductible disappears.
- This feature is standard in both the VIP and Elite packages.
- This will continue for each consecutive claim-free term, until the
deductible is reduced to $0.
- e.g. if the original deductible is $500 and a customer is claim-
free for five consecutive terms, - the deductible will be reduced
- If a claim occurs, the deductible will revert back to the original
A customer's rate won't go up because of a claim as long as there is no
more than one claim in five years
- This feature is standard in the VIP package.
- Applied at new business and renewal; not mid-term.
For further information:
For further information: Derek Tupling, Corporate Relations, (905)