TORONTO, Oct. 2 /CNW/ - The Canada's Top 100 Employers Committee today
announced their winning choices for 2009. This is a fierce competition -
75,000 companies were researched and this was whittled down to 2,000
applicants that vied for one of the coveted spots. One of the newest additions
to the winner's circle is Toronto's own Tamm Communications.
One might ask how on earth did this happen to a company that started with
two women and a dog 10 short years ago?
One of Canada's Top 100 Employers ~ Tamm Communications - A Profile:
- a casual dress policy, to the point of pajamas at work being
- downtown office with 1,000 sq ft private roof deck complete with
barbeque, tables, and umbrellas
- a staff with a high percentage of people with a two in their age
- three dogs regularly at the office ~ on the website with very
- a very competitive nature ~ the Halloween costume contest almost
comes to blows and don't get me started on the tacky Christmas party
- an annual 'business' conference...at a cottage...on a lake...with a
keg...and a martini contest...and Polaroid cameras
- a Montreal office...on a river...well, really, it's another cottage
and it's available free to all staff and their families
- a staff that acts more like family members than co-workers
- they say there's no free lunch...well at Tamm we get surprised by a
free lunch quite often
- a complete inability to hold internal meetings on time or generally
even to hold them on the day on which they were originally scheduled
- a fondness for employees with strange names ~ Viive, Ciabh, Star,
Treble, Dan, the list goes on...
- a staff that got an all expenses paid trip to Vegas to celebrate
their tenth anniversary together
A recipe for disaster or a genius strategy for creating one of the most
motivated and creative workplaces in Canada?
You be the judge.
- one of Canada's biggest full-service advertising agencies,
specializing in recruitment advertising and employer branding.
- a staff so motivated that Tamm doubled its revenue in the last two
- Tamm won the coveted ECMA award for their employer branding campaign
for St Joseph's Hospital this year
- Tamm is considered a leading authority in their field in Canada
- Viive Tamm and life/business partner, Iain Rankin have also been
recognized in a number of national publications for their bold
decision to launch an Employee Share-Ownership Plan, putting 49% of
their company into their employee's hands
- most importantly, with their recent inclusion to the Canada's Top 100
Employers list, the staff has yet another excuse to go out and
celebrate...something at which they truly excel
The Tamm motto ~ 'We LOVE what we do, that's why we do it well.' The staff
lives it and breathes it. And it shows.
Viive Tamm, Co-Founder and Executive Director, has been recognized by
Profit Magazine as one of Canada's Top 100 Canadian Women Entrepreneurs
since 2001 and is a well-known speaker and innovator within the industry.
/NOTE TO PHOTO EDITORS: A photo accompanying this release is available on
the CNW Photo Network and archived at http://photos.newswire.ca.
Additional archived images are also available on the CNW Photo Archive
website at http://photos.newswire.ca. Images are free to accredited
members of the media/
For further information:
For further information: To arrange an interview, please contact Viive
directly at: e-mail: email@example.com, tel: (416) 304-0188