MONTRÉAL, Feb. 13, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Marie-Josée Picard and Carl Villeneuve hold the $60M winning Lotto Max ticket for the February 10 jackpot. The two Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean residents decided to share their winnings with members of their respective families, including their children, their fathers and their siblings. This jackpot was won approximately one month after a group of 28 people pocketed another $60M Lotto Max jackpot.
The winners received their checks during a meeting with the press held at Loto-Québec's Québec City offices.
The lucky couple shared their winnings with their loved ones, namely:
- Anick Picard, Capitale-Nationale
- Carl Picard, Capitale-Nationale
- Jean-Yves Picard, Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- Michel Joseph André Picard, Ontario
- Pierre Joseph Patrick Picard, British Colombia
- Denis Villeneuve, Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- Jean-Denis Villeneuve, Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- Marc-Olivier Villeneuve, Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- Marie-Ève Villeneuve, Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- Léon Maurice Villeneuve, Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- Line Villeneuve, Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize won: $60,000,000
- Category: Jackpot
- Odds of winning:1 in 28,633,528 with one play
- Draw date: February 10, 2017
- Winners' place of residence: Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- Retailer: Accommodation Chez François (677 Boulevard Tadoussac, Canton-Tremblay)
- The retailer will receive $600,000, the equivalent of 1% of the prize.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec's Québec City office
- Ms. Picard and Mr. Villeneuve learned they had won $60M when they checked their ticket at the convenience store.
- They always told themselves that they would share their winnings with their loved ones if they ever won the jackpot.
- So, they immediately got on the phone to tell everyone the good news.
- The winners plan on continuing to work and let the dust settle.
A second $60 jackpot is won in Québec in one month's time!
- It is the second time that a $60 million jackpot is won in Québec. At the January 6 draw, a group of 28 Montérégie and Centre-du-Québec residents were the first to win the maximum jackpot offered at Lotto Max.
A record month of January for lotteries
- Quebecers were particularly lucky at the lottery during the first month of 2017. In total, 14 prizes of 1 million dollars or more were claimed by no fewer than 39 millionaires! In both cases, these prizes broke historic records for Loto-Québec in terms of winnings awarded in a given month.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to December 31, 2016, a record number of 104 prizes worth $1 million or more were awarded in Québec.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
twitter.com/LotoQcLoteries Hashtag: #lotoquebec
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, email@example.com, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Danny Racine, Communications Officer, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, firstname.lastname@example.org