Momentum and wide-ranging use underscore broad appeal of FileMaker Platform for creating custom iOS solutions
SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- FileMaker today announced that its FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone app has surpassed 1.5 million downloads from the iTunes App Store. The milestone confirms the continued popularity of the FileMaker Platform for developing custom iOS solutions that run on iPad and iPhone.
"The FileMaker Platform is helping improve business and life for everyone from local fruit growers to cleanup specialists working on EPA Superfund sites to health care workers in Haiti," said Ryan Rosenberg, vice president, marketing and services for FileMaker. "Our customers amaze us with their ingenuity in developing custom iOS solutions. We continue to invest in making our platform the easiest, most flexible way to get data and business processes to where they matter most."
The FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone app is part of FileMaker's comprehensive lineup of desktop, server and iOS software for creating custom business solutions that run on iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and web browsers. The FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone app is downloadable for free from the iTunes App Store.
From Saving Time and Money to Helping Save Lives
Organizations of all sizes and from many industries are benefiting from custom business solutions built with the FileMaker Platform and FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone. FileMaker software:
- Helps ArcelorMittal Montreal, a Canadian leader in steel manufacturing, to improve service delivery and communications between Sales, Marketing and clients using SmarTalk, a CRM solution developed for ArcelorMittal by Fin Finaud Consultants.
- Allows physicians at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, one of U.S. News & World Report's top-ranked hospitals, to deliver patient bedside ultrasound testing.
- Accompanies legendary archaeologist Dr. Arturo Montero, featured by National Geographic, on his numerous explorations of Mayan ruins to capture and record archaeological information and photos.
- Supports the sales order processes of Fortune 500 Henry Schein Dental, the world's largest provider of health care products and services to medical, dental and veterinary office-based practitioners.
- Enables leading Hollywood camera supplier Keslow Camera to speed delivery of thousands of rental items to film and television locations worldwide. A custom FileMaker solution, created by Angel City Data, enables Keslow across five locations to manage contracts and bids, track equipment worldwide, generate invoices and forecast sales.
- Allows Vessel Assist San Diego to send work orders from their office desktop systems running Vessel Service Solutions by Productive Computing, a FileMaker Pro custom solution, to iPads used by in-field technicians or boat captains for assisting with at-sea emergencies. Workers view and update work order dispatches directly on an iPad in real time.
- Provides show floor staff at the Austin Convention Center, home of the famed South by Southwest, with up-to-date information on vendor work orders.
- Keeps student recruiters at the world famous Berklee College of Music organized when interviewing and auditioning prospective students around the world.
Read more FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone customer stories here.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers innovative software to easily create custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest organizations, use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their business processes, manage information and boost overall productivity.
Copyright © 2015 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150414/198590
SOURCE FileMaker, Inc.
For further information: Kevin Mallon, 408-987-7227, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.filemaker.com