McGuinty Government Provides New Hunting Opportunities
TORONTO, April 15 /CNW/ -
Ontario's 2009-10 Hunting Regulations Summary
(http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/FW/Publication/MNR_E001275P.html) is now
Important dates to remember this year are:
- Monday, April 27 - the start of wild turkey hunting season.
- Tuesday, June 30 - the deadline for applying to the
Antlerless Deer Draw. This is a month earlier than in the past and
will help ensure that hunters receive their deer validation tags
As well, new spring and fall wild turkey seasons in southern Ontario and
new deer hunting seasons across northern Ontario will provide more hunting
The guide will be available at hunting licence issuers across the
province next week.
"We want to keep wildlife thriving in Ontario and give hunters the best
possible opportunities, now and in the future. Thriving wild turkey and deer
populations in some areas mean we can offer hunters new opportunities in
southern and northern Ontario."
- Donna Cansfield, Minister of Natural Resources
- Each year, wild turkey season starts on April 25, or the following
Monday if April 25 falls on a weekend. Starting the season on a
weekday means fewer hunters will be out at the very beginning of the
season. That helps minimizes potential conflicts with others who are
enjoying the wilderness.
- Hunters can apply to the Antlerless Deer Draw 24 hours a day, seven
days a week, from now until June 30, by calling 1-800-288-1155.
- All revenue from sales of hunting and fishing licences in Ontario is
used for wildlife and fisheries management.
- Read the 2009-10 Hunting Regulations Summary
- Pick up a copy of the summary at licence issuers and
ServiceOntario/Government Information Centres
starting next week
- For more information on hunting seasons and limits, call the
Natural Resources Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940.
Disponible en français
For further information:
For further information: Ivan Langrish, Minister's Office, (416)
314-2212; Media Desk, Communications Services Branch, (416) 314-2106