TORONTO, Jan. 24 /CNW/ - On Friday, January 25-26 the Ontario Public
School Boards' Association (OPSBA) and L'Association des conseils scolaires
des écoles publiques de l'Ontario (ACEPO) are jointly hosting the 2008 Public
Education Symposium titled Hand in Hand: Successful Students, Safe Schools.
The Symposium will attract close to 300 trustees, student trustees and
Directors of Education representing every public school board in Ontario.
Friday, January 25
8:30 am DR. STUART SHANKER: The Early Years - Dr. Shanker will discuss
recent advances in developmental neuroscience that may maximize
the potential in each and every child.
10:00 am HONOURABLE KATHLEEN WYNNE, Minister of Education
Workshop Sessions Include:
- Succession Planning for Leaders
- Building Confidence in Public Education (Board's Advocacy Plan)
- The Impact of Media Violence on Child and Adolescent
- Development: A Critical Role for Parent and Educator Intervention
- Environmental Education and Our Future at a Crossroads:
Opportunities for School Boards
- Aboriginal Education Issues
- Urban/Rural Board Caucus Sessions
Saturday, January 26
10:00 am Humanitarian STEPHEN LEWIS will speak on the topic "Education:
The World's Greatest Force for Good."
Sheraton Centre, Toronto
123 Queen Street West
For further information:
For further information: Jeff Sprang, Communications, (416) 903-3241