Carolle Brabant reappointed as Executive Director of Telefilm Canada for another three years
MONTREAL, Feb. 8, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - The Board of Directors and team at Telefilm Canada are very pleased with the announcement of the renewal of Carolle Brabant's mandate made today by The Honourable James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages. Ms. Brabant was appointed to an initial three-year term as Executive Director of Telefilm in 2010.
"Under Carolle Brabant's leadership, the past three years have been very productive," said Michel Roy, Chair of the Board of Telefilm. "In the spirit of our 2011-2015 corporate plan, Fostering Cultural Success, to which she largely contributed, Carolle has managed to implement the Board's strategic direction while fostering a culture of success at Telefilm and in the industry.
"Under her management, over the next few years we'll be able to further integrate these recent changes and to develop our promotional tools even more for the industry's benefit. Carolle is a real ally for creators, entrepreneurs and other partners in the audiovisual sector, and at that same time, she's shown herself to be an excellent administrator of the public and private funds allocated for film, television and digital media."
"I'm full of enthusiasm as I begin this second term, since I'll be able to pursue the goal we share of positioning the Canadian audiovisual industry as one of the world's foremost leaders in independent cinema," says Carolle Brabant. "Thanks to our hugely talented creators and remarkably dynamic entrepreneurs, our cinema is building an increasingly strong brand image, and we are working to ensure that it translates into a real boost in the size of audiences on the greatest possible number of platforms here at home and abroad. To make this happen, we're going to continue promoting dynamic partnerships that favour Canadian content. I'd like to thank Minister James Moore and the Board for their confidence and support. Thanks also to the entire Telefilm team, which is as determined as I am to take Canadian talent to new heights."
Tangible achievements from 2010 to 2013
Among its successes since 2010, under Carolle Brabant, Telefilm has:
- Launched a four-year business plan supported by four strategic pillars;
- Conducted an in-depth redesign of its development, promotion and production programs;
- Introduced a new Success Index that takes into account Canadian cinema's cultural, commercial and industrial performance;
- Created the Talent Fund, a private donation fund to stimulate investment in Canadian film production and promotion;
- Promoted emerging talent by creating the Micro-Budget Production Program to support them in the production of a first feature-length film, with an emphasis on digital platforms;
- Promoted international, national and regional partnerships between public- and private-sector innovators in the film, television and new media sectors; and
- Established a promotion working group, together with the Canada Media Fund and the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
About Telefilm Canada
Telefilm is dedicated to the cultural, commercial and industrial success of Canada's audiovisual industry. Through its various funding and promotion programs, Telefilm supports dynamic companies and creative talent here at home and around the world. Telefilm also administers the programs of the Canada Media Fund. Visit www.telefilm.ca and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/telefilm_canada and on Facebook at facebook.com/telefilmcanada.
SOURCE: TELEFILM CANADAFor further information:
Douglas Chow, Manager, External Communications
(514) 283-0838, extension 2225, or 1-800-567-0890