Gestion FÉRIQUE announces the addition of a second portfolio adviser for the FÉRIQUE AMERICAN Fund

MONTREAL, Sept. 23, 2011 /CNW Telbec/ - As manager of the FÉRIQUE Funds, Gestion FÉRIQUE is today announcing that Aviva Investors Canada Inc. (Aviva) and its sub-advisor River Road Asset Management, LLC (River Road) will now be involved in the management of the FÉRIQUE AMERICAN Fund. This appointment will take effect on or around September 29, 2011.

As a result, the responsibility for managing the FÉRIQUE AMERICAN Fund will now be shared between the new manager, which will handle 35% of the Fund's assets, and the current manager, UBS Global Asset Management, which will retain the other 65%. As at August 31, 2011, the Fund's assets under management totalled approximately $145 million.

"The size of the FÉRIQUE AMERICAN Fund makes it feasible for us to split the responsibility between two top-tier firms with complementary management styles," said Fabienne Lacoste, Executive Director of Gestion FÉRIQUE. "As we try to do so for all of our funds, our aim is to increase portfolio diversification and optimize risk management for our investors."

Owned by Aviva, River Road (www.riverroadam.com) is a respected U.S. investment manager based in Louisville, Kentucky. The firm already works with close to 150 institutional clients, and its assets under management total approximately CA$5 billion.

"River Road will invest in equities at all capitalization levels," said Louis Lizotte, Director of Investments for Gestion FÉRIQUE. "They will use a value-oriented approach, with a stock-picking process aimed at identifying companies that pay high and increasing dividends, that are financially strong, and that trade below their absolute value."

River Road was chosen through Gestion FÉRIQUE's internal selection process, primarily for the experience of its management team and its ability to build an income-generating portfolio, as well as for the way its management style complements that of the Fund's other portfolio adviser.

The FÉRIQUE AMERICAN Fund was launched in 1995. It is one of the 10 mutual funds that make up the FÉRIQUE Funds family available principally to engineers and engineering graduates in Québec and Ontario.

About Gestion FÉRIQUE
Founded on January 1, 2000, Gestion FÉRIQUE (www.ferique.com) is manager of the FÉRIQUE Funds, launched in 1974 by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec. FÉRIQUE is the only not-for-profit mutual fund company in Canada whose sole purpose is to serve the interests of engineers, engineering graduates and their families. The firm offers ten mutual funds diversified across all asset classes. Management of the funds is entrusted to renowned investment firms which are hand-picked by Gestion FÉRIQUE, based on their superior asset class expertise. FÉRIQUE Funds have $1.6 billion in assets under management and over 23,000 clients.

SOURCE Gestion Férique Inc.

For further information:

Manon Duhamel, Gestion FÉRIQUE, 514-840-9206, ext. 450

Profil de l'entreprise

Gestion Férique Inc.

Renseignements sur cet organisme


FORFAITS PERSONNALISÉS

Jetez un coup d’œil sur nos forfaits personnalisés ou créez le vôtre selon vos besoins de communication particuliers.

Commencez dès aujourd'hui .

ADHÉSION À CNW

Remplissez un formulaire d'adhésion à CNW ou communiquez avec nous au 1-877-269-7890.

RENSEIGNEZ-VOUS SUR LES SERVICES DE CNW

Demandez plus d'informations sur les produits et services de CNW ou communiquez avec nous au 1‑877-269-7890.