Friday's LOTTO MAX draw lets Ontarians take it to the max: LOTTO MAX hits $50 million plus 20 $1 million MAXMILLIONS prizes
TORONTO, June 21, 2012 /CNW/ - With an estimated total of $70 million in top prizing for the taking in this Friday's LOTTO MAX draw, there could be several new millionaires in Ontario come Saturday morning! This Friday's draw totals an estimated $50 million with an estimated 20 additional and separate $1 million prizes up for grabs.
Since the launch of LOTTO MAX in September 2009, good fortune has shone on Ontario residents:
- Players in Ontario have won $1.3 billion in prizes with LOTTO MAX
- Ontario is home to 22 LOTTO MAX jackpot wins
- The last eight $50 million LOTTO MAX jackpots have been won by Ontario residents:
- Three of the $50 million jackpots were won by groups
- Three have been won by couples
- And two of the $50 million jackpots were won by a single winner - they became the single biggest lottery winners in Ontario history!
- LOTTO MAX has been making millionaires, one-by-one - there have been 118 winning MAXMILLIONS tickets across the province to date
For each $5 play, LOTTO MAX players receive three sets of seven numbers ranging from one to forty-nine. Players must match all seven numbers, in any one set, to win the jackpot and the MAXMILLIONS prizes.
Players can purchase tickets at authorized OLG retailers until 9 p.m. Friday June 22, 2012 for the draw that evening.
OLG is a provincial agency responsible for province-wide lottery games and gaming facilities. Since 1975, OLG lotteries, casinos, slots, and resort casinos have generated more than $34 billion for the benefit of the Province of Ontario. Gaming proceeds support Ontario's hospitals, amateur sport, recreational and cultural activities, communities, provincial priority programs such as health care and education, and local and provincial charities and non-profit organizations through the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
Know your limit, play within it!
THE ONTARIO PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE 1-888-230-3505
Disponible en français
For photos, more information and to speak with a spokesperson, contact:
OLG Media Relations Line