Media Advisory/Photo Opportunity - Finalists To Compete In Canada's Best Sandwich Contest
Chef Lynn Crawford and ACE Bakery challenge four regional finalists to a sandwich-showdown in Toronto
TORONTO, June 20, 2012 /CNW/ - Peanut butter and banana didn't cut it in this competition - it is Canada's Best Sandwich Contest after all. Chef Lynn Crawford and ACE Bakery have searched coast-to-coast and nailed down their top sandwich recipe in each region, now it's time to select a national winner. On June 22, four regional finalists will compete in a sandwich-showdown where they will prepare their sensational sandwich recipes in front of a live audience and judging panel.
Finalists will be given 30 minutes to prepare their sandwich to perfection and present it to the judging panel, which includes Chef Lynn Crawford, who will evaluate the final creations and decide on the winning recipe. The creator of the winning recipe will be awarded $5,000 cash prize and $5,000 to donate to their charity of choice.
Between March 19 and May and May 24, crafty Canadians were invited to submit their most delicious home-made recipe for a chance to be one of four finalists in Canada's Best Sandwich Contest. Of the almost 1,000 Canadians who submitted recipes, one was chosen from Western Canada, Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada and was awarded $1,000 cash prize and $1,000 towards their charity of choice.
|When:||Friday, June 22, 2012|
|10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Where:||Calphalon Culinary Centre|
|425 King Street West|
|Toronto, ON M5V 1K4|
|Who:||Chef Lynn Crawford, owner of Ruby Watchco Restaurant and Ruby Eats|
|Linda Haynes, co-founder of ACE Bakery and author of the ACE Bakery cookbooks|
|Marcus Mariathas, ACE Bakery's master baker|
|Four regional finalists|
- Four finalists preparing their sandwiches in front of a live audience and panel of judges
- Finalists presenting their creations to the judges to be tasted and evaluated
- Judges tasting, evaluating and providing feedback to each finalist
- Judges announcing the overall winner and presenting awards
- Interview all four finalist about their experience in the competition and what inspired their recipes
- Interview the judges about how their chose the finalist and the overall winner
- Test out all four sandwiches and see which ones you deem the best
Nicole Brightling | email@example.com | o: 416.934.8099 | c: 647.680.8575