The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) honours Sean Kelly with the 2012 CPRS Award of Attainment
TORONTO, June 18, 2012 /CNW/ - The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) recognized Sean Kelly, APR, FCPRS, Manager of Public Relations, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board, with the 2012 CPRS Award of Attainment. Kelly was acknowledged for outstanding achievement and service in the Canadian public relations industry amongst his peers during the awards gala at the Canadian Public Relations Conference on June 12 in Victoria, B.C.
"I have always been very proud of CPRS, its members and the public relations profession itself," said Kelly. "Professional public relations practitioners can, and do, make a very valuable and positive impact on the lives of people."
The CPRS Award of Attainment is presented to a CPRS member whose personal activities and leadership have gone beyond the call of duty or responsibility for an employer or client. The work resulted in a pronounced contribution to the status and acceptance of the public relations function as a whole.
Kelly's passion and dedication to public relations is evident through his encouragement of professional growth for fellow and future practitioners. Some of his professional highlights include:
- Receiving the 2011 CPRS Don Rennie Memorial Award for an outstanding and strategic approach to government communications.
- Receiving the 2011 Silver Award of Excellence for Issues Management and Crisis Communications.
- Advocating on behalf of the profession during the 2009 Cameron Inquiry at Eastern Health Corporation. The team that Kelly led was awarded the CPRS Lamp of Service.
- Developing the public relations program, and teaching it part-time, for the College of the North Atlantic in 2000.
- Teaching public relations part-time at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Compiling stories from experienced practitioners within the College of Fellows that will be useful in teaching others through their experiences. This stems from his article, which is being published in the Journal of Professional Communications, relating to the anniversary of the Ocean Ranger disaster.
Kelly's Award of Attainment was one of several noteworthy awards presented at this year's gala. The CPRS/CNW Group Student Award of Excellence, Don Rennie Memorial Award and CPRS President's Award were also presented to recipients in front of gala attendees. These awards recognize exceptional involvement in the public relations profession.
Founded in 1948, the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is a not-for-profit organization whose members are engaged in the practice, management or teaching of public relations. Members work to maintain the highest standards and to share a uniquely Canadian experience in public relations. CPRS is a federation of more than 2,000 members across 14 Member Societies based in major cities or organized province-wide. For more information, visit our website: cprs.ca.
Image with caption: "CPRS Award of Attainment recipient, Sean Kelly APR, FCPRS. (CNW Group/Canadian Public Relations Society)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20120618_C9914_PHOTO_EN_15247.jpgFor further information: