Desjardins Ready-to-Drive Loan: A new auto financing offer synonymous with savings, simplicity and peace of mind
Introducing the first ever financing for automobiles and recreational vehicles that offers a complete range of coverage
LÉVIS, QC, March 12, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - Once again, Desjardins Group has broken new ground with its Ready-to-Drive Loan (www.desjardins.com/ready-to-driveloan), a brand new financing offer that is the first of its kind on the market. This offer applies to financing for new and used automobiles and recreational vehicles. It consolidates all financing components - loan, life and auto insurance and roadside assistance - under a single financial institution.
Consumers benefit from:
Life insurance included at no extra charge
- Payment of loan balance in the event of the borrower's death;
Disability insurance at a competitive price
- Loan payments covered in the event of disability;
Roadside assistance free for the first year
- 24/7 towing service, for automobiles only;
Exclusive discount on vehicle insurance for the first year (available
only in Québec)
$50 towards car or motor home insurance
- $25 towards recreational vehicle insurance (motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle, snowmobile, trailer or boat).
- $50 towards car or motor home insurance
Available directly through automobile dealers or merchants and synonymous with simplicity and peace of mind, this new offer can lead to major savings upwards of $1,600. When financing $26,000 over 60 months, including disability insurance, the estimate is broken down into approximately:
- $840 saved with the life insurance included at no extra charge, compared with a competitor's coverage;
- $600 in additional savings by opting for Desjardins disability insurance, compared with a competitor's coverage;
- $120 saved on free one-year roadside assistance with similar coverage for the primary member and one associate member;
- $50 saved on car insurance by opting for Desjardins Insurance for the first year (available only in Québec).
"Desjardins Group is determined to offer its members and clients products at fair value that simplify their lives while creating significant added value. As such, we are convinced that the Desjardins Ready-to-Drive Loan, developed in a cooperative spirit, will meet these needs. The life insurance that is included with no forms to fill out, the most widespread roadside assistance on the market, and the option to complete one's coverage by adding disability insurance to the financing contribute noteworthy additional coverage," said André Chatelain, Vice-President and General Manager of Desjardins Card Services.
All of the product information is available at www.desjardins.com/ready-to-driveloan.
About Desjardins Group
Desjardins Group www.desjardins.com is the leading cooperative financial group in Canada with assets of $190 billion. Drawing on the strength of its caisse network in Québec and Ontario, and its subsidiaries across Canada, it offers a full range of financial products and services to its 5.8 million members and clients. Desjardins specializes in Wealth Management and Life and Health Insurance, in Property and Casualty Insurance, in Personal Services, in Business and Institutional Services. As one of the largest employers in the country and among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2012TM, Desjardins is supported by the skills of its 44,645 employees and the commitment of nearly 5,400 elected officers. A new education and cooperation program is now available to Desjardins members and the general public. For more information, visit www.desjardins.com/co-opme.For further information:
Information (for journalists only):
514-281-7275 or 1-866-866-7000, ext. 7275