Global Takes Night Two of Premiere Week
NCIS: LA Wins the Night with 2.1 Million Viewers
Glee Wins its Timeslot with 2 Million Gleeks Tuning In
For artwork, please visit: www.shawmediatv.ca
To tweet this release, please copy the following link: http://glbl.tv/qlnsAl
TORONTO, Sept. 21, 2011 /CNW/ - Global wins round two of premiere week with NCIS: LA and Glee grabbing primetime's top two spots of the night nationally. NCIS: LA wins the night with 2.1 million viewers (2+, national), up 20% more viewers from its two-hour season 2 premiere last fall. Pop culture phenomenon Glee wins its timeslot nationally with 2 million gleeks (2+, national), also winning the night nationally and in the metered markets in the key advertising demo (Adults 18-49).
GLEE 8PM DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data A 18-49):
- Won the night nationally with 1.1 million viewers and in the key markets
- Outperformed closest timeslot competitor, CTV's Dancing With The Stars by 183% nationally
- Beat out the second hour of CityTV's The Biggest Loser by 473% as well as CBC's The Rick Mercer Report and This Hour Has 22 Minutes by 352% (for the full hour)
NCIS: LA 9PM DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data A 18-49):
- Won its timeslot with over 733,000 viewers nationally
- Outperformed closest competitor of the hour, CTV's Dancing With The Stars results show by 39%
- Dominated CityTV's New Girl and Raising Hope for the full hour by 90% as well as CBC's Camelot by 199%
Shaw Media continues to dominate on the Specialty front with six of the top 10 shows in the specialty core demo of A25-54, lead by History Television's Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Food Network's Chopped. All around, Tuesday was triumphant for Shaw Media with 11 million viewers tuned into Shaw Media stations (A2+, 8-11p, Total Canada).That equals to 1 in 3 Canadians watching a Shaw Media property at some point last night.
Viewers who missed last night's Glee and NCIS: LA premieres can catch up on GlobalTV.com.
Source: BBM Canada PPM Confirmed and Overnight Data - Sept. 21/10 - Sept. 20/11, A2+, A18-49, and A25-54 AMA(000), Cume Reach*, A2+, 8p-11p, Total CanadaFor further information: