Witness the official "First Ride" of Toronto's first ever bicycle share service as BIXI Toronto debuts on City of Toronto streets
TORONTO, April 28 /CNW/ - This hard peddlin' event will see over 40 GTA cyclists cross Yonge Street and arrive at our event headquarters on Gould Street at 11:00 a.m., to help celebrate the launch of BIXI in Toronto. In attendance will be cycling fans and VIPs from the cycling community, City of Toronto officials and BIXI sponsors from TELUS and Desjardins. There will be plenty of amazing photo opportunities and interviews available on-site to document this milestone event as we welcome 1,000 BIXI bikes and 80 pick-up stations to the streets of Toronto.
In addition, we invite interested media to take part in the "First Ride" aboard a BIXI bicycle and experience the excitement of the BIXI launch first hand.
- Launch celebration for BIXI Toronto bicycle share service
- Just east of the intersection of Yonge Street and Gould Street (on the campus of Ryerson University)
- Tuesday, May 3rd with an event kick-off at 11:00 a.m.
- City of Toronto councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong, to discuss the importance of cycling in the modern urban landscape and the city's support of BIXI. Several other City of Toronto councillors such as Michael Layton are also expected at the event
- Gian-Carlo Crivello, Director - Business development BIXI, to discuss the launch of the BIXI service in Toronto and how BIXI bicycle sharing works
- Anne-Marie LaBerge, vice-president of Marketing Communications at TELUS, to discuss the importance of technology in making the BIXI service operational and TELUS' donation to the Heart & Stroke Foundation that they will be making with each BIXI registration
- Tom Little, Managing Director, Investment Banking with Desjardins Securities
For further information:
For more information about BIXI Toronto, please visit: http://www.toronto.bixi.com
To RSVP for this event or to sign-up for the BIXI Toronto "First Ride", please contact Marshneill Abraham, 416-644-2271, email@example.com