Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project - Public Comment invited on Draft Terms of Reference for Environmental Assessment by Review Panel
OTTAWA, August 22, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency invites the public to comment on the draft Terms of Reference to establish an independent review panel for the environmental assessment of the proposed Roberts Bank Terminal 2 project in southwestern British Columbia.
The Agency has developed the draft Terms of Reference, which will establish the mandate of the review panel, its composition, as well as the process and timelines for the environmental assessment.
The public is invited to submit written comments on the draft Terms of Reference in either official language to the Agency by September 22, 2014. Documents submitted or generated as part of the environmental assessment will be considered public and posted on the online public registry. After taking public comments into consideration, the Terms of Reference will be finalized and made public.
To submit comments or to be included on the distribution list and be kept informed of the panel review process and activities, contact:
Debra Myles, Panel Manager
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
160 Elgin Street, 22nd Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H3
Tel.: 613-957-0626 or 1-866-582-1884
- The draft Terms of Reference, along with more information on the environmental assessment, are available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry, at ceaa.gc.ca reference number 80054.
- Port Metro Vancouver proposes the construction and operation of a new three-berth marine container terminal located at Roberts Bank in Delta, approximately 35 km south of Vancouver. The proposed project, to be located next to the existing Deltaport and Westshore Terminals, would provide an additional 2.4 million units of container capacity per year at Roberts Bank.
- On January 7, 2014, Environment Minister Leona Aglukkaq referred the Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project to a review panel for an environmental assessment.
- http://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=en&n=E33AE9FB-1 Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment AgencyFor further information: Lucille Jamault, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, Telephone: 613-957-0434, email@example.com