THE AMAZING RACE CANADA Hits Midway Checkpoint with Season High 2.25 Million Viewers on CTV
– THE AMAZING RACE CANADA and AFTER THE RACE were #1 and #2 programs for the night, respectively, among total viewers and all key demos –
– Midseason after-show special AFTER THE RACE delivers 1.07 million viewers –
– Next week: The Race goes international again as teams cross the Atlantic to Normandy, France and get up close and personal with Canadian history –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1BeXvfM
TORONTO, Aug. 13, 2014 /CNW/ - The #1 program of the summer THE AMAZING RACE CANADA continued its sizzling run last night, checking in at the mid-season mark with a season-high overnight preliminary audience of 2.25 million viewers on CTV. Overall, 4 million unique viewers watched some part of the episode, which peaked at 2.6 million viewers before Jon Montgomery revealed that Rex and Bob were the fifth team eliminated from the Race. Immediately following the episode, the mid-season after-show special AFTER THE RACE, hosted by TSN's James Duthie and featuring all five eliminated teams so far, delivered 1.07 million viewers, ranking as the #2 most-watched program of the night. Midway through its second blockbuster season, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is the most-watched television program in Canada with an average audience of 2.6 million viewers (final data).
Also to note, according to Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data:
- THE AMAZING RACE CANADA overwhelmingly won Tuesday among total viewers, A25-54, A18-49, and A18-34 nationally.
- Last night's episode was up versus a week ago nationally with all demos: total viewers (+14%), A18-49 (+9%), A25-54 (+20%), and A18-34 (+17%)
- Last night's episode led the night among total viewers and key demos (A25-54, A18-49) in all markets.
- In both Toronto and Vancouver, the episode also delivered new season high overnight audiences with the key A25-54 demo, with a rating of 7.0 and 4.5, respectively.
Last night's episode will encore this week on TSN (Wednesday, Aug. 13 at 9 p.m. PT, Thursday, Aug. 14 at 12 a.m. ET, and Friday, Aug. 15 at 3 p.m. ET/ 12 p.m. PT), TSN2 (Thursday, Aug.14 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT), and CTV and CTV GO (Saturday, Aug. 16 at 8 p.m. ET/PT and Sunday, Aug. 17 at 5 p.m. ET/PT – and is also now available on demand at CTV GO. All-new episodes of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA air Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO.
To see more of the race, including the Extended Mat Chat with last night's eliminated team Rex and Bob, sneak peeks, special moments from The Race and more visit CTV.ca/RaceExtras.
Racers cross the Atlantic to Normandy, France, where the Detour leaves teams horsing around (Tuesday, Aug. 19 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO). A relentless Roadblock dilutes some teams' chances of winning, but when they come face-to-face with Canadian history, racers pause to remember the fallen.
The six remaining teams competing for the biggest grand prize in Canadian television history are:
- Pierre and Michel – Twin Brothers, Montreal
- Alain and Audrey – Dating, Montreal
- Mickey and Pete – Best Friends, Muskoka, Ont.
- Sukhi and Jinder – Siblings, Terrace, B.C.
- Natalie and Meaghan – Teammates, Scarborough, Ont. and Calgary
- Ryan and Rob – Co-Workers, Vancouver
The four premier sponsors for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA are Air Canada, Chevrolet Canada, DQ Canada, and Scotiabank.
Commissioned by CTV, Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is produced by Insight Productions in association with CTV and with the support of Profiles Television Productions.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada), overnight data.
*Summer 2014: May 26-August 10, 2014
SOURCE CTVFor further information: Cary Mignault, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, 416.435.9295 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Monique Bevan, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, 416.384.2055 or Monique.email@example.com; Jim Quan, CTV Networks, 416.384.5311 or firstname.lastname@example.org