Brother unveils THE Dream Machine, Innov-is XV8500D; its new high-end combo machine with 30 patents and patent pending innovations and over 100 new or improved features
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX, QC, Aug. 5, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Brother Canada today announced the unveiling of THE Dream Machine, a top-of-the-line combo machine with 30 patents and patent pending innovations. This, Brother's most powerful, technologically-advanced sewing, embroidery, quilting and crafting machine to date, was unveiled at the Back-to-Business authorized Brother dealer meeting in Nashville that is currently taking place from August 5 to 7, 2014. Advanced sewers, embroiders and quilters who couldn't attend the Nashville event will now be able to contact a Canadian dealer to be put on the list to be among the first to see the THE Dream Machine Innov-is XV8500D firsthand. The machine will be available in early September 2014.
Brother's most powerful machine has 56 square inches of workspace and an 11.25" needle arm that is large enough for a rolled king-sized quilt. The industry's largest built-in high definition LCD display runs the machine's expansive library of built-in tutorials, provides sewers up to a 400% zoom view of their creations and allows them to view their designs in preview mode. The LCD is 23% larger than previous models and can even be used to watch videos or listen to music.
The machine has Brother's INNOVEYE® technology which is like a built-in camera and scanner that gives users a live and up close view of the needle area and the ability to scan the entire embroidery area. This gives enthusiasts virtually endless creative options and ensures that their projects are set up perfectly. Another ground-breaking feature is the VIRTUAL STITCH PREVIEW & WIDTH ADJUSTMENT that allows desired stitches to be superimposed onto projects. This gives users the possibility to adjust their stitch width or placement. THE Dream Machine also brings to market SCANIMATION scanning frame which is the industry's first scanning frame that works directly on the machine. It allows sewers to scan drawing and printed clip art directly into "My Design Centre". Hobbyists can draw directly on the LCD display to see their designs or handwriting instantly print to life. No tablet is required. Just about anything can be turned into embroidery data without even needing a PC or software.
"We're really excited about this new machine which provides creative sewing, embroidery, quilting and crafting enthusiasts with unlimited creativity options. For more than a century, Brother has won recognition as a brand synonymous with providing a great customer experience through product innovation and customer satisfaction. With THE Dream Machine, Brother has effectively delivered some of the hottest technology and automation, as well as given Canada's most advanced sewers a few surprises," stated Dwayne Filipchuk, Senior Director, Product Planning and Business Development at Brother Canada. "We're thrilled to be able to contribute as a creative catalyst thanks to THE Dream Machine's incredible industry-first features."
THE Dream Machine's features include:
- Expansive 11.25" needle to arm (56 square inches of workspace) for large projects, including a rolled king-sized quilt
- 10.1" high definition LCD display, the largest in its class, with expandable library of over 40 built-in HD tutorial videos
- InnovEye®2 camera-like technology now with up to 2x the scanning speed and up to 3x the resolution
- My Design Centre which integrates InnovEye® 2 Technology with design techniques like line art scanning, illustration scanning and the ability to create stippling and free-motion-like stitching without the use of a PC, software or stitch regulation
- ScanImationTM Scanning Frame allows you to scan drawings or printed clip art using InnovEye® 2 Technology and use the auto punch feature to create stitch data
- Virtual Stitch PreviewTM lets you see your desired stitch superimposed on your project using InnovEye® 2 Technology and the HD LCD display, allowing you to modify stitch length and width, and see the results before actually stitching
- Largest 9.5" x 14" embroidery area illuminated with our brightest lighting system
- AccuTracTM Embroidery System provides better under arm support, reduces bounce, provides better stitch quality for the smoothest frame control to date
- V-SonicTM Pen Pal for Sewing & Embroidery allows you to control several functions on fabric simply by touching the fabric with the pen
- DroplightTM LED Embroidery Positioning Marker allows for precise needle placement
- Sew StraightTM 2 Laser Vision Guide with brighter guide and wider range
- MuvitTM Digital Dual Feed System so you can powerfully feed fabric from the top and bottom, and sew precise, uniform stitches on a range of fabrics from silk to denim.
- New Couching Technique and MuvitTM Digital Dual Feed System allows you to add consistent decorative cording to your projects
- Colour ShufflingTM 2 Function lets you choose your colour palette while creating or modifying embroidery designs, letting you become the colourist you've always wanted to be
- InnovaChromeTM LED Thread Colouring & Monitoring System is a revolutionary visual status system that indicates when a thread colour change is needed, what the next colour is, as well as thread breakages and alerts.
- 939 built-in embroidery designs including 166 designs featuring Disney characters, 140 frame pattern combinations, and 22 embroidery lettering fonts
- 726 built-in stitches, including 15 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes, one style of four-step buttonholes and five sewing lettering fonts
To find a dealer who can demonstrate these features live please visit: http://www.brother.ca/en/customer_care/wheretobuy.aspx
About Brother International Corporation (Canada)
Since 1960, Brother Canada has been supplying products for homes and businesses and is considered a market leader in many of its categories, such as printers, labellers, scanners and sewing machines. Their award-winning superior customer experience is driven by their great people across Canada with offices in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. Brother Canada is proud to be a part of a network of companies belonging to Brother Industries Ltd., headquartered in Nagoya, Japan. It employs more than 29,000 great people at your side in 44 countries and regions worldwide.
Find out more about Brother's great people and other award-winning products and services at Brother.ca.
SOURCE Brother International Corporation (Canada) Ltd.For further information: Victoria Salvador, Senior Marketing Manager, Brother Canada, 514-822-4457 x 2282 I 1-800-361-6466 x 4457, firstname.lastname@example.org