Lassonde Industries Inc. completes acquisition of Apple & Eve, LLC of Port Washington, New York
ROUGEMONT, QC, July 25, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Lassonde Industries Inc. (TSX: LAS.A) ("Lassonde") has completed the previously announced acquisition of Apple & Eve, LLC of Port Washington, New York, for a total cash consideration of US$147.9 million. This amount reflects a preliminary adjustment of US$2.1 million to the net working capital on the previously announced US$150.0 million consideration and is subject to additional adjustments.
Lassonde has a beneficial ownership of 90% of Apple & Eve. Members of the Lassonde family own the remaining 10% equity interest through their existing equity interest in the acquiring U.S. subsidiary and a proportionate capital contribution to the acquisition financing.
The acquisition and certain fees have been financed as follows: US$75.0 million under the term credit facility of a Lassonde U.S. subsidiary, US$67.5 million from a combination of cash, cash equivalents on hand and Lassonde's Canadian operating credit facility, with the remaining US$7.5 million provided by equity investment of members of the Lassonde family. Financing fees are estimated at US$2.0 million while other fees related to the transaction are estimated at US$3.5 million.
About Apple & Eve
Apple & Eve is a leading branded juice company in the U.S., with total annualized net sales of US$190.0 million and a trailing 12-month adjusted EBITDA of US$15.2 million.
Founded by the Crane family in 1975, and headquartered in Port Washington, NY, the company focuses on healthy and innovative juice products. The Company offers more than one hundred different juice products sold under its iconic flagship brand name, Apple & Eve, and includes a portfolio of sub-brands including Organics, Fruitables, Quenchers, Waterfruits and Sesame Street. Additionally, it markets juices under its Northland, Seneca and The Switch brands. Apple & Eve products are sold in supermarkets, mass merchandisers, warehouse clubs, natural food stores, schools and convenience stores across the country. For more information, visit www.appleandeve.com.
About Lassonde Industries Inc.
Lassonde Industries Inc. is a North American leader in the development, manufacture and sale of a wide range of fruit and vegetable juices and drinks marketed under brands such as Everfresh, Fairlee, Flavür, Fruité, Graves, Oasis and Rougemont.
Lassonde is also the second largest producer of store brand ready-to-drink fruit juices and drinks in the United States and a major producer of cranberry sauces.
Lassonde also develops, manufactures and markets specialty food products under brands such as Antico and Canton. The Company imports and markets selected wines from various countries and manufactures apple ciders and wine-based beverages.
The Company produces superior quality products through the efforts of some 2,000 people working in 14 plants across Canada and the United States. To learn more, visit www.lassonde.com.
Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on certain assumptions. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from current expectations. Additional factors are discussed in materials filed from time to time with the securities regulatory authorities in Canada. Lassonde Industries Inc. disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements except as required by law.
SOURCE Lassonde Industries Inc.For further information:
Guy Blanchette, FCPA, CA
Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer
Lassonde Industries Inc.
450-469-4926, extension 10782
Lassonde Industries Inc.
450-469-4926, extension 10265