SMART Technologies Renews Licence Agreement With Bluedrop Performance Learning For Global Extended Enterprise Training Platform
ST. JOHN'S, Newfoundland, July 14, 2014 /CNW/ -- Bluedrop Performance Learning Inc. (TSX-V: BPL), is pleased to announce the licence renewal with SMART Technologies LLC as its global extended network training provider.
- Bluedrop's Learning Network Platform (BLNP) provides a seamless user experience for SMART's user base of education and business customers, resellers, and distributors.
- Bluedrop successfully onboarded 70,000 existing users to the BLNP within one month of replacing a legacy learning management system (LMS).
- The program has grown to service a total of 26 SMART Certified Training Centres (SCTC) covering North America, Spain, United Kingdom, Australia, Russia and South Africa. The total number of users has grown to more than 100,000.
- By leveraging SMART's existing technology investments, Bluedrop is able to improve process efficiencies, provide integrated enterprise analytics and enhance program management while reducing administration overhead.
- Bluedrop also provides SMART with a comprehensive online marketplace that acts as SMART's retail education store.
- The marketplace is based on a wholesale agreement that permits SMART to collect revenue while Bluedrop serves as the merchant and manages all aspects of the transaction, including shopping cart, payment process and retail sales tax management.
- Bluedrop's "Network of Networks" design provides SMART channel partners with the opportunity to develop co-branded learning marketplaces and deliver paid and free learning content to clients.
Wayne Williams, manager of enterprise training, SMART, said:
"We had issues using a previous platform to deliver training to our channel partners and customers that we couldn't seem to resolve effectively. I don't think that many legacy LMS companies really understand the extended enterprise market. Bluedrop transitioned the users, integrated its solution into our existing systems and made the enhancements we needed to deliver our external training requirements. We worked closely with Bluedrop over the past year and will continue to do so to add even more capabilities to deliver training and generate revenues from these services."
Emad Rizkalla, CEO and founder, Bluedrop said:
"This is an extremely important program for Bluedrop given the challenge of converting over 70,000 user records to our platform and demonstrating the Bluedrop platform as a proven extended enterprise solution. Our platform has key advantages over legacy talent management systems, as it is purpose-built for these types of requirements."
Bluedrop Performance Learning (TSX-V: BPL) is an innovator in workplace training for individuals, corporations, military personnel and the public sector. Bluedrop recently created Bluedrop Learning Networks to offer simple, scalable training delivery. Launched in 2004, with six offices and over 190 employees, Bluedrop is transforming the workplace by designing, developing and delivering practical, actionable and affordable training content that improves individual and overall performance of organizations. For more information, visit www.bluedrop.com.
About SMART Technologies
SMART Technologies Inc. (http://www.smarttech.com/) is a leading provider of technology solutions that enable inspired collaboration in schools and workplaces around the world by turning group work into a highly interactive, engaging and productive experience. SMART delivers integrated solutions of hardware, software and services, designed for superior performance and ease of use, and remains a world leader in interactive displays.
Peggy Tierney Galvin
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
Bluedrop Performance Learning Inc.
SOURCE Bluedrop Performance Learning Inc.