How will you embrace your inner geek?
Geek Squad celebrates National Embrace Your Geekness Day on July 13
BURNABY, BC, July 11, 2014 /CNW/ - Have you ever considered what type of geek you are? It's no longer a title reserved only for PC gamers, comic book lovers, programmers and the non-athletically inclined. There are geeks for every genre – film geeks, art geeks, music geeks, food geeks, car geeks and the list goes on. This July 13, Geek Squad is celebrating National Embrace Your Geekness Day to honour the geekiness in all of us and encourage geeks everywhere to hold your chins up high, stand proud and unleash your inner geek for the world to see!
Proudly representing geeks everywhere, the Geek Squad will be swarming their Geekmobiles in Toronto and Vancouver in a caravan-style Geek Squad Parade on July 13. If you see a line of Geekmobiles, be sure to give us a wave!
From July 11 until July 24, come by your local Best Buy store and pick up a #Geekisthenewcool sunshade at the Geek Squad Precinct to keep your car cool this summer. Take a photo of your vehicle displaying the sunshade, upload the photo to @BBYCanada Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #Geekisthenewcool and you could win one of ten $100 Best Buy gift cards! For full contest rules, visit our Plug-In page.
In honour of the day, here are a few suggestions for what you could do on July 13 to Embrace Your Inner Geek:
- Learn C++, Java, Visual Basic or another programming language
- Watch Cult classics such as Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Pirates of Silicon Valley
- Purchase and use night vision goggles
- Spend the day working on time travel options and algorithms
- Join a cosplay chatroom
- Make a potato cannon
- Take some type of tech apart and then put it back together again
- Inform someone of your nunchucks skills
- Challenge someone to a lightsaber battle
- Learn the difference between a Geek and a Nerd and be proud of your title of a Geek
On Monday, July 14, our Geek Squad Agents and Blue Shirts in the US (NYSE: BBY) are celebrating a milestone 20th Birthday by visiting the New York Stock Exchange to ring the NYSE Opening Bell! This exciting event is taking place to recognize the millions of clients who have placed their trust in Geek Squad over the past two decades.
SOURCE Best Buy CanadaFor further information: Danielle Jang, Best Buy Canada Communications Manager, email@example.com