Vancouver Island Boasts Most Expensive Hotel in North America
VANCOUVER ISLAND, Canada, July 10, 2014 /CNW/ - A resort in Vancouver Island ranks among the most expensive hotels in the world. That's according to a recent survey from TravelMag.com. More specifically, the survey established the 20 most expensive luxury hotels for the months of July and August 2014, the main summer holiday period.
The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort, a luxury tent camp located in the Clayoquot Sound World Biosphere near Tofino on Vancouver Island's west coast, ranks as the world's eighth most expensive hotel according to the survey. The resort landed in the Top 10 thanks to an average nightly price of $3,681 for a couple during the summer months. In North America, no other hotel is more expensive.
Topping the list of the world's most expensive hotels is North Island Lodge, a private island resort located in the Seychelles. There, a vacationing couple has to spend, on average, $6,559 to stay overnight. Another three private island resorts, four luxury safari lodges in Africa and a resort in Italy complete the Top 10. (Refer to the table below.)
Two more resorts in North America rank inside the Top 20. The Ranch at Rock Creek, located in Montana's rugged landscape, ranks 19th most expensive with an average rate of $2,385 per night. Slightly cheaper and ranking 20th most expensive in the world is the Queen Charlotte Lodge. This luxury salmon fishing lodge is nestled in British Columbia's Queen Charlotte Islands.
Following are the world's 10 most expensive hotels. The rates listed reflect the average nightly amount a couple has to spend to stay at each respective resort during the period spanning July 1 through August 31, 2014.
- North Island Lodge (Mahe, Seychelles) $6,995
- Fregate Island (Seychelles) $5,246
- Laucala Resort (Taveuni, Fiji) $5,040
- Khwai River Lodge (Okavango Delta, Botswana) $3,800
- Savute Elephant Camp (Chobe, Botswana) $3,800
- Eagle Island Camp (Okavango Delta, Botswana) $3,800
- Singita Sasakwa Lodge (Serengeti, Tanzania) $3,700
- Clayoquot Wilderness Resort (Vancouver Island, Canada) $3,681
- Le Dune, Forte Village Resort (Sardinia, Italy) $3,114
- Mnemba Island Lodge (Zanzibar, Tanzania) $3,100
Find the full results of the survey at: http://www.travelmag.com/articles/most-expensive-hotels/
Press Contact: Nicole Haney, 1-805-308-9660, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE TravelMag.comFor further information: