Apply online for producer cars beginning July 14, 2014
WINNIPEG, July 8, 2014 /CNW/ - For the 2014-15 crop year, the Canadian Grain Commission is launching an online producer car application at www.grainscanada.gc.ca. Beginning July 14, 2014 at 1 p.m. CDT, the online system will begin accepting applications for producer cars. Producers who administer their own cars, producer car administrators and agents must first register for a user account in the new system.
All outstanding producer car applications from the 2013-2014 crop year will be carried into the new crop year at no charge to producers and with no need to reapply for those cars.
- If you (a producer, administrator or agent) applied for a car for the 2013-14 crop year that has not yet been ordered from the railway, your application will be processed for the 2014-15 crop year at no additional charge. These cars will be prioritized in the order the original applications were received. Factors affecting prioritization include factors such as requested type and grade of grain, and port availability. Updates for cars loaded on CN lines can be found on CN's web site. Updates for cars loaded on CP lines can be obtained from CP (producers administering their own cars, producer car administrators or agents may contact CP to become an "associated party", giving them access to information on CP's web site).
- Producers administering their own cars, producers car administrators or agents must provide the Canadian Grain Commission with proof of a confirmed sale or provide an online declaration of a confirmed sale for any producer car application.
- Producers who are self-administering their producer cars may still apply by fax if they do not have internet access.
- Producer car administrators or agents must use the online system to apply for producer cars for the 2014-2015 crop year.
- Applying for and using producer cars to ship grain in Canada http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/services-services/cars-wagons/pcm-mwp-eng.htm
- CN's Grain Car Order Status for Producers https://ecprod.cn.ca/velocity/GrainOrder/cgc.html
Canadian Grain Commission
The Canadian Grain Commission is the federal agency responsible for establishing and maintaining Canada's grain quality standards. Its programs result in shipments of grain that consistently meet contract specifications for quality, safety and quantity. The Canadian Grain Commission regulates the grain industry to protect producers' rights and ensure the integrity of grain transactions.
SOURCE Canadian Grain CommissionFor further information:
Manager of Producer Protection
Canadian Grain Commission