Mazda Canada reports sales for June 2014
TORONTO, July 2, 2014 /CNW/ - Mazda Canada announced sales for June 2014 today totaling 6,415, which is an increase of 14% compared to June 2013.
Sales in June were led by the compact Mazda3 with 3,703 sold, increasing 15% versus June 2013. 99% of all Mazda3s sold in June were equipped with the fuel-efficient SKYACTIV Technology, which also accounted for 87% of all Mazda vehicles sold in the month of June.
For the third month in a row, the CX-5 has increased its sales, marking the best June sales on record. Sales for the month were 1,633 units, representing an increase of 3% versus June 2013 and 10% year-to-date.
"Our core models, the Mazda3 and CX-5, once again helped our sales keep pace well ahead of the overall industry," said Clark Colby, Director, Sales, Mazda Canada. "This growth momentum is a result of our vehicles showcasing SKYACTIV Technology, which equals power and efficiency together; something that consumers are eager to get their hands on."
- Record June for CX-5 with 1,633 units sold; up 10% YTD
- CX-9 sales spiked 113% compared to June 2013, best June sales since 2008
- Mazda3 sales increased 15% versus June 2013, up 8% YTD
- Mazda5 sales jumped up 84% year-over-year
- MX-5 sales are up 70% compared to June 2013
- SKYACTIV Technology vehicles accounted for 87% of all sales in June
About Mazda Canada Inc.
Mazda Canada Inc. is responsible for the sales and marketing, customer service and parts support of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Mazda Canada has a nationwide network of 165 dealerships. For additional information visit Mazda Canada's media website at www.media.mazda.ca
SOURCE Mazda Canada Inc.For further information:
Sandra Lemaitre, Director, Public Relations
(905) 787-7167; email@example.com