The Association québécoise des transports (AQTr) has honoured the STL with its Coup de Cœur recognition
LAVAL, QC, June 23, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - The Société de transport de Laval (STL) was proud to accept this honour at the AQTr's Grands Prix d'excellence en transport on June 18 at Montreal's Centre des sciences. Mr. David De Cotis, the STL's President and Sylvain Gontier, the STL's Director of Maintenance and Engineering accepted the award on behalf of the STL.
The STL was honoured with the Coup de cœur du jury d'honneur that recognizes innovative and original projects in all categories. The STL was recognized by the jury for its experimental slow charge electrical bus project.
"The STL is determined to improve transportation in Quebec in its own way and improve the quality of life for the citizens of Laval. Our team puts their heart and soul into our projects. It's part of who we are!" said David De Cotis, President of the STL. Our goal is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve the energy efficiency of our buses. Electrifying the STL's fleet of buses is just one possible solution.
The STL has selected technology that integrates easily into its services and that doesn't require new infrastructure on the network. This experimental project allowed us to compare the use of electric buses with diesel powered ones.
"We are honoured that the AQTr has recognized our efforts to implement innovative solutions that allow us to improve the nature and quality of the services we provide for our clients" says Guy Picard, CEO of the STL.
This is the seventh edition of this event that recognizes projects to promote and improve transportation in Quebec.
The STL is taking action
- The STL is responsible for over 20 million trips annually.
- The STL has rolled out the STL Synchro system to keep its clients informed in real time about its schedules and buses.
- The STL's fare policy is geared to encourage families to use public transit: an adult who pays a regular fare during the week or on statutory holidays can be accompanied by up to five children under the age of 12 for free. This policy is also applicable on smog days between July 1st and Labour Day. The $1 reduced fare on smog days during the summer period is a first in Quebec.
- The STL has partnered with the Association québécoise de lutte contre la pollution atmosphérique and with Communauto.
- We use our Facebook and Twitter accounts to share our news and travel notices.
- We created My STL to offer our clients the opportunity to receive updates about their regular bus lines and to find out what's new at the STL.
- Since the launch of our Operational support and user information system in 2009, we have increased our punctuality rate to nearly 90 %.
- The STL has received several awards and distinctions including the AQTR'S Grand prix d'excellence en transport en commun in 2010, which solidified our reputation for excellence.
- In 2011, the STL took the AQTR Communication Grand Public prize for its smog alert program.
- In May 2012, the STL received the ACTU, le Prix de leadership des entreprises in the Innovation category for the Clic carpooling project.
- In May 2012, the STL launched its new STL Sustainable mobility solution for businesses and organizations that are conscious of managing the travels of their employees more efficiently.
- In November 2012, the STL signed the International Union of Public Transport's (IUPT) Charter on Sustainable Development.
- In March 2013, the STL became the first transportation company in Quebec to be a certified "Healthy Enterprise"!
- In May 2013, the AQTr awarded the STL their Coup de cœur du jury d'honneur award for two projects: The Operational support and user information system for paratransit (OSIS) and CLIC the electric carpooling project launched in conjunction with the AMT.
- In June 2013, the CUTA awarded the STL with two Corporate Leadership Awards: one in the Innovation category for our operational support and user information system for paratransit (OSIS) and the other in the Marketing and Communications category for the "Let's Develop Together" contest!
- In November 2013, the STL received the Institut d'administration publique du Québec's Excellence award in the "e-Government" category for its real time operational support and user information system for paratransit.
SOURCE Société de transport de LavalFor further information: Marie-Céline Bourgault, Communications and Marketing Director, Société de transport de Laval, 450 662-5429, firstname.lastname@example.org