The IGOPP hands in its report on the governance of Laval's paramunicipal organizations
The STL confirms its collaboration in the assessment and implementation of recommendations
LAVAL, QC, June 23, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Following the city of Laval's announcement in February to confer an accompaniment mandate to an independent, credible and recognized organization, the Institut sur la gouvernance d'organisations privées et publiques (IGOPP) handed over its final report on the governance of Laval's paramunicipal organizations.
"The STL agreed to participate in the exercise with transparency and integrity and we followed through on our promise. Now, we would like to reiterate to the city of Laval that we are just as committed to implementing any assessments and conclusions that refer to us in the report" says Guy Picard, CEO of the STL.
The STL salutes the interest shown for modern, transparent and integrated management which follows in the same vein as the actions the STL has taken taken over recent years to optimize its operations, be accountable and support the goals that it has set in the 2013-2022 Strategy Plan published this spring.
David De Cotis, President of the STL's Board of Directors adds "we are pleased to see this report published. It is an important milestone in the process of modernizing the governance of paramunicipal organizations. We will study the conclusions made in the report and we will gladly integrate them into our practices so that we can continue to provide the citizens of Laval with more relevant and efficient services."
The STL is taking action
- The STL is responsible for over 20 million trips annually.
- The STL has rolled out the STL Synchro system to keep its clients informed in real time about its schedules and buses.
- The STL's fare policy is geared to encourage families to use public transit: an adult who pays a regular fare during the week or on statutory holidays can be accompanied by up to five children under the age of 12 for free. This policy is also applicable on smog days between July 1st and Labour Day. The $1 reduced fare on smog days during the summer period is a first in Quebec.
- The STL has partnered with the Association québécoise de lutte contre la pollution atmosphérique and with Communauto.
- We use our Facebook and Twitter accounts to share our news and travel notices.
- We created My STL to offer our clients the opportunity to receive updates about their regular bus lines and to find out what's new at the STL.
- Since the launch of our Operational support and user information system in 2009, we have increased our punctuality rate to nearly 90 %.
- The STL has received several awards and distinctions including the AQTR'S Grand prix d'excellence en transport en commun in 2010, which solidified our reputation for excellence.
- In 2011, the STL took the AQTR Communication Grand Public prize for its smog alert program.
- In May 2012, the STL received the ACTU, le Prix de leadership des entreprises in the Innovation category for the Clic carpooling project.
- In May 2012, the STL launched its new STL Sustainable mobility solution for businesses and organizations that are conscious of managing the travels of their employees more efficiently.
- In November 2012, the STL signed the International Union of Public Transport's (IUPT) Charter on Sustainable Development.
- In March 2013, the STL became the first transportation company in Quebec to be a certified "Healthy Enterprise"!
- In May 2013, the AQTr awarded the STL their Coup de cœur du jury d'honneur award for two projects: The Operational support and user information system for paratransit (OSIS) and CLIC the electric carpooling project launched in conjunction with the AMT.
- In June 2013, the CUTA awarded the STL with two Corporate Leadership Awards: one in the Innovation category for our operational support and user information system for paratransit (OSIS) and the other in the Marketing and Communications category for the "Let's Develop Together" contest!
- In November 2013, the STL received the Institut d'administration publique du Québec's Excellence award in the "e-Government" category for its real time operational support and user information system for paratransit.
SOURCE Société de transport de LavalFor further information: Marie-Céline Bourgault, Communications and Marketing Director, Société de transport de Laval, 450 662-5429, firstname.lastname@example.org