TD Canada Trust celebrates grand opening of new branch and Foreign Exchange Centre in West Edmonton Mall
$5,000 donation to Sustainable Food Edmonton and free music café
EDMONTON, June 21, 2014 /CNW/ - TD customers and international visitors will now be able to access even more banking services while visiting West Edmonton Mall. Today marks the official opening of TD's full-service branch, the only financial institution in West Edmonton Mall, and TD's first Foreign Exchange Centre in Edmonton, located at 8882 170 St. NW, Unit 1057. Celebrations will include the TD music café where all visitors are invited to enjoy a free beverage and an entire day of FREE live performances from local Edmonton artists, including Olivia Wik, Lucas Chaisson, Six Day March and many more.
"Banking with TD is more convenient than ever in this one-stop-shop location for customers who want to fulfill their everyday banking needs while preparing for international vacations or business travel," says Monique Bateman, Senior Vice President, TD Canada Trust, Prairie Region. "Whether you're just going across the border or traveling abroad, financial peace of mind always makes for a better trip."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks and right into the presence of customers.
- A Community Boardroom designed for use by groups of customers including families, businesses and not-for-profit groups. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities, a printer and a fax machine.
- Digital Displays mounted throughout the branch to provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
- A Customer Lounge with a coffee station lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
A Coin Counter is available for personal banking customers to bring unwrapped mixed
coins to sort and exchange for bills or to deposit into their account
free of charge.
Foreign Exchange Centre
- TD's Foreign Currency Services help customers enjoy comfort, convenience and security when traveling abroad or sending/receiving money overseas.
- Our Foreign Exchange Centre also offer:
- Over 50 foreign currencies onsite
- Gold and silver coins, bars and certificates
Access to sending wire transfers from your TD Canada Trust personal or
small business account in 25 different foreign currencies—including
Canadian and U.S. Dollars.
Contribution to local environmental initiative
In recognition of the event, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation made a $5,000 donation to Sustainable Food Edmonton. Sustainable Food Edmonton is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to connecting communities and kids with healthy food and a healthy planet. TD's donation will help support the
Urban Ag High School program which funds student-led agricultural
initiatives in schools. Over 15 schools are participating with projects
as diverse as aquaponics, food forests, and outdoor food gardens, which
supply school cafeterias with fresh, healthy ingredients. TD's donation
will be used to develop indoor and outdoor learning environments and
develop workshops to teach seed saving, composting, using alternative
energy, and food growing systems.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
SOURCE TD Canada TrustFor further information:
For branch inquiries:
Raena Williams, Branch Manager
TD Canada Trust
780.670.2299 ext. 250
For media inquiries:
TD Bank Group