Coverity Releases New Version of Software Testing Platform
Latest innovations drive tighter collaboration between Development and QA, enabling organizations to develop and deliver better software, faster.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 17, 2014 /CNW/ - Coverity, Inc., a Synopsys company (Nasdaq:SNPS), today announced the release of version 7.5 of the Coverity® Software Testing Platform, the company's integrated suite of testing solutions that enables organizations to find and fix critical quality and security issues earlier in the software development lifecycle (SDLC). With the Coverity 7.5 platform, Coverity is expanding the reach and impact of software testing by increasing collaboration between Development and Quality Assurance (QA), and enabling faster time-to-market, reduced software development costs and higher end-product quality.
To meet the constant market pressures to release higher quality products, faster and with no defects, software development organizations need a more efficient approach to testing. With the new version of the Coverity platform, these organizations can focus their test development and test execution on the most critical parts of their code, regardless of whether the testing is done in Development or QA. Now, development teams can address quality and security issues as the code is being developed, while QA teams can reduce their overall testing time by focusing on code impacted by change and eliminating testing gaps. This platform release also includes several new analysis algorithms, further strengthening Coverity's support for C# and Java codebases.
New features in the Coverity platform include:
- Test prioritization and execution: The new Coverity Test Advisor – QA Edition, which is based on the innovation acquired from Kalistick, enables QA teams to monitor the execution and results of their tests, then identify which tests are most critical based on changes to the source code and testing gaps. This enables faster time to market while ensuring the most relevant tests are executed and testing gaps are addressed.
- Breadth and depth of C# and Java code analysis: This release includes 12 new and enhanced analysis algorithms for finding C# and Java issues. These algorithms further improve the accuracy of the platform's defect detection capabilities, providing developers with the information they need to quickly troubleshoot and fix critical defects such as concurrency issues, which are difficult to detect and result in performance issues and incorrect behavior of the application.
- Expanded Java web application security coverage: With the addition of several new security analysis algorithms – including a Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) checker and a Risky Crypto checker – the Coverity platform now offers extensive coverage for the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 and Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) security vulnerabilities for Java applications.
- Improved integration with the developer workflow: The Coverity platform's desktop analysis capability enables developers to resolve issues almost immediately from within their IDE. Defects can be automatically assigned for remediation to the developer who modified the relevant lines of code, which helps accelerate issue resolution and improves overall productivity.
"With this new release of the Coverity platform, we have introduced a new approach to software testing: providing QA teams with insight into what testing has been done in Development, and offering Development teams the opportunity to provide input into QA testing processes," said John Chilton, senior vice president and general manager for Coverity. "We are expanding on our mission – not only do we want to empower the 16 million professional software developers in the world today to create better software, but we also want to help every software-enabled organization deliver better, safer, more reliable products to their customers."
"By augmenting its software testing portfolio with the complementary Kalistick products, Coverity will be able to further help organizations to address software quality problems earlier in the development lifecycle," said Melinda Ballou, program director for IDC's Application Lifecycle Management and Executive Strategies service.
- Register for our Coverity Platform – Version 7.5 webcast
- Try our new Coverity Test Advisor – QA Edition
- Watch our new video: Coverity Test Advisor – QA Edition
Coverity, Inc., a Synopsys company (Nasdaq:SNPS), is a leading provider of software quality and security testing solutions. Coverity's award-winning development testing platform helps developers create and deliver better software, faster, by automatically testing source code for software defects that could lead to product crashes, unexpected behavior, security breaches or catastrophic system failure. The world's largest brands rely on Coverity to help ensure the quality, safety and security of their products and services. For more information, visit www.coverity.com, follow us on Twitter or check out our blog.
SOURCE CoverityFor further information: