Barbados launches 'Re-discover' dining package
TORONTO, June 9, 2014 /CNW/ - Barbados has launched an exciting dining package enabling locals and visitors to enjoy gourmet fare with all the trimmings, for less than US$50/BDS$100 per person.
Nine of the island's favourite dining hotspots have collaborated with Re-Discover Barbados to create a package that's simply too irresistible and pocket-friendly to miss. For just US$50/BDS $99 per person, the re-discover package offers each customers a three course dinner, plus a bottle of wine per couple.
"Barbados is considered by many as the dining capital of the Caribbean as we offer more quality restaurants per capita than many major cities. We encourage all Canadian visitors to take advantage of this amazing offer even if they are staying in all-inclusive accommodations," said Cheryl Carter, Senior Business Development Manager at the Barbados Tourism Authority in Canada.
Participating restaurants include:
- Nishi – an Asian-Caribbean fusion restaurant, popular for its fresh sushi and live entertainment. The re-discover menu includes Japanese dishes such as spicy maki and California rolls, along with Thai seafood bisque and coconut and ginger chicken.
- Tapas – located on the South Coast Boardwalk, choose from a range of Mediterranean- inspired meals including grilled catch of the day with plantain and sweet potato mash, or chicken katsu in a Panko crust.
- Jumas - classic French bistro cuisine with a Bajan twist, located in the historic town of Speightstown to the north of the island.
- Paulos Churrasco – a traditional Brazilian steakhouse in the lively area of St Lawrence Gap, specialising in cooking a range of delicious meats on an open-fire.
- L'Attitude – also located in Speightstown, turn left after Jordan's supermarket in the picturesque harbour town, go down an alley towards the seafront and you'll find the head chef grilling up a storm with local produce.
- Chez Max – casual fine-dining with a French feel, Chez Max's re-discover menu includes mains such as grilled shark wrapped in banana leaf and braised lamb belly with raspberry jus.
- Lanterns by the Sea – serving sumptuous traditional Caribbean and European cuisine in a lovely beachside restaurant, dishes include local wild arugula leaves, pan seared chicken breast and pasta alfredo.
- L'Azure - famous for its seafood and panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, L'Azure Restaurant at The Crane serves up a tempting range of classic international delicacies.
- Asian Spice – a menu offering a wide range of authentic Mughlai dishes, Mughlai being one of the most popular cuisines in North India. This restaurant is located within the lush gardens of the All Seasons resort.
"In addition to these fine dining opportunities, we also urge visitors to try our unique dining experiences in locations such as Martin's Bay in St. John, Oistins in Christ Church and Moon Town in St. Lucy," Carter concluded.
To redeem the package, simply request the 're-discover menu' when making the restaurant booking. The US$49.50/BDS $99 price is inclusive of VAT and service charge, and the offer is available to book until 15 December, 2014.
For further information on the offer and to view the menus available at each restaurant, visit www.re-discover.com
SOURCE Barbados Tourism Authority
Image with caption: "Barbados launches 'Re-discover' dining package. (CNW Group/Barbados Tourism Authority)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140609_C2354_PHOTO_EN_3575.jpgFor further information: For further information go to www.visitbarbados.org, call 1-888-BARBADOS or contact :-Brita Greaves, firstname.lastname@example.org; Cheryl Carter, email@example.com