Media Advisory - Retail's biggest players coming to STORE 2014 - Canada's Retail Conference
TORONTO, June 2, 2014 /CNW/ - Media are invited to join top retail executives at Canada's largest industry conference and gain a full 360-degree view of retail with fresh research, innovative tools and technologies and an outstanding line-up of retail game-changers. Presented by Retail Council of Canada (RCC), this annual event attracts over 2,000 retail executives, suppliers and vendors to the Toronto Congress Centre.
BROADCAST OPPORTUNITY: Sport Chek's Store of the Future http://youtu.be/lbRcRWkEQ08
Sport Chek's Store of the Future will present an exciting broadcast opportunity.
What: STORE 2014 - Canada's Retail Conference
When: June 3-4, 2014
Where: Toronto Congress Centre, North Building, 650 Dixon Road, Toronto, ON
The biggest names in retail
- Michael Medline, President, Canadian Tire Corporation, Ltd. (June 3, 8:45 am - 9:30 am)
- Liz Rodbell, President, Hudson's Bay and Lord and Taylor (June 3, 3;15 pm - 4:00 pm)
- Frank Scorpiniti, CEO, Katz Group Canada Ltd./ Rexall (June 4, 9:30 am - 10:15 am).
- Michael McCain, President & CEO, Maple Leaf Foods Inc. (June 4, 1:45 pm - 2:30 pm)
- Marc Poulin, President & CEO, Sobeys Inc. (June 4, 3:45 pm - 4:30 pm)
Powerhouse leaders in the online space and renowned retail strategists
- Jordan Banks, Global Head of Vertical Strategy and Managing Director, Facebook Canada (June 4, 8:45 am - 9:30 am)
- Sam Sebastian, Managing Director, Google Canada (June 4, 8:45 am - 9:30 am)
- Dr. Bob Johansen, Distinguished Fellow, Institute of the Future (June 4, 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm)
- Keith Anderson, Vice President & Senior Analyst, Retail Net Group (June 4, 11:30 am - 2:15 pm)
Sold-out exhibitor hall and Store of the Future exhibit
Innovative retail solution providers will be on-site showcasing the most effective solutions, tools and technologies on the market. Plus check out Sport Chek's Store of the Future installation which includes some of the amazing features from their new West Edmonton Mall Flagship location. (Find out more: http://youtu.be/lbRcRWkEQ08)
For a complete list of speakers and sessions, visit www.storeconference.ca
Grocery & Consumer Goods Leadership Symposium, in partnership with the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers (CFIG) and Food & Consumer Products of Canada (FCPC), brings together hundreds of senior executives from all sectors of Canada's grocery retail industry, as well as senior executives from companies that supply Canadian grocery retail. This half-day event focuses on innovation in the sector, opportunities for industry collaboration and strategies for engaging customers.
Celebrating the best in books, consumer products and retail innovation
- Monday June 2, 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM. Libris Awards: Recognizing the exceptional achievements of Canadian publishers, editors, authors and booksellers. Lifetime Achievement Awards being presented to award-winning author Stuart McLean.
- Tuesday June 3, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM. Excellence in Retailing Awards: Celebrating the industry's most remarkable leaders including 2014 Distinguished Retailer of the Year Larry Rosen, Chairman & CEO, Harry Rosen; Distinguished Retail Founders Award for Lifetime Achievement Winners, Michael Budman and Don Green, Co-founders, Roots Canada Ltd.; Lifetime Achievement Award Winner Bob Peter, President & CEO, LCBO; and Independent Retail Ambassador Award recipient Don Sheehan, Owner, Amos Pewter.
- Wednesday June 4, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM. 21th Annual Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards: Honouring the best consumer products of the year in 26 food, non-food and private label categories.
About Retail Council of Canada
Retail Council of Canada (www.retailcouncil.org) is the Voice of Retail. Founded in 1963, RCC is a not-for-profit association which represents more than 45,000 stores of all retail formats, including department, grocery, independent merchants, regional and national specialty chains, and online merchants.
SOURCE Retail Council of CanadaFor further information:
Retail Council of Canada