UNWTO Silk Road Task Force to meet at Routes Silk Road
Routes and UNWTO to strengthen its partnership in Georgia
MANCHESTER, England, March 31, 2014 /CNW/ - The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) will be holding its Silk Road Task Force meeting during this year's Routes Silk Road event which will take place in Tbilisi, Georgia on 6-8 July.
This announcement comes soon after an agreement was reached at ITB in Berlin between Routes (part of UBM live) and UNWTO to work together in advancing matters related to air connectivity and travel facilitation.
"UNWTO's joint research with WTTC clearly demonstrates the impact that visa facilitation can have on economic growth and job creation. Routes Silk Road 2014 is an excellent initiative that will surely help address the travel facilitation challenges along this tourism route and we are thus very happy to hold the UNWTO Silk Road Task Force meeting alongside Routes. Moreover, with its forward-thinking approach to visas and its open skies policy, Georgia is an ideal destination to host such an event, and I must congratulate Georgia for winning the bid. UNWTO looks forward to working together with Routes and Georgia to make this edition the best yet", said Taleb Rifai, UNWTO Secretary-General.
"Following the announcement of our partnership we are thrilled that UNWTO has decided to hold its Silk Road Task Force meeting at our event in July," said Katie Bland, Director Routes, UBM Live continuing: "Routes Silk Road will be held in Georgia which is a gateway connecting several important economic regions including Europe, the New Independent States (NIS) and Central Asia and as such it is the ideal location for Routes Silk Road and the UNWTO Silk Road Task Force. Holding this important meeting alongside our own event will further strengthen our partnership and we are excited about the opportunities this provides Routes."
The UNWTO Silk Road Task Force meeting brings together key representatives from Silk Road destinations, United Nations agencies, the private sector and associations to discuss and plan priorities for tourism development along this ancient route. The meeting aims to raise the profile of tourism along the Silk Road and drive sustainable and responsible tourism development by enhancing cooperation between the countries along the Silk Road.
Routes Silk Road, which will be hosted by United Airports of Georgia (UAG) under the auspices of the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, is the route development forum that connects CIS, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm‐global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM Live Routes LtdFor further information: Victoria Jones, PR Executive, Routes, T: +44 (0) 161 234 2730, E: email@example.com