Air France CEO to Open Routes Europe Strategy Summit
Frédéric Gagey, Chairman & CEO of Air France to give keynote address at region's largest commercial aviation forum
MANCHESTER, England, March 28, 2014 /CNW/ - One of the highlights of this year's Routes Europe Strategy Summit will be the keynote address from Frédéric Gagey, Chairman & CEO of Air France. The Summit, which is sponsored by Edmonton International Airport, will provide a valuable insight into aviation across the region, as panels of leading industry experts take part in a number of moderator led discussions addressing key air service development issues.
Mr. Gagey commented: "The Routes Europe Strategy Summit offers a unique opportunity to promote dialogue between airlines, airports and aviation stakeholders. At a time of volatile economic environment and increased competition, it is key to meet, to exchange strategic views on the regulatory environment and to plan for the future. We at Air France are proud to be part of this unrivalled platform, gathering so many decision makers of the air transport industry and organized in Marseille, a great city where, with 400 flights per week, our airline feels at home."
"We are delighted that Mr. Frédéric Gagey, Chairman & CEO of Air France has accepted the invitation to open Routes Europe, by speaking at the Strategy Summit," said Pierre Régis, Managing Director, Marseille-Provence Airport, Host of Routes Europe 2014: "Last year Air France carried 3.1 million passengers to and from Marseille Provence, consolidating its position of 1st airline at the airport. Over the last few years Air France has played a key role in Marseille-Provence's development, by successfully opening new international routes, such as Moscow, Beirut, Berlin and Venice."
Taking place on Sunday 6th April 2014 and open to all attending delegates, the Strategy Summit will open Routes Europe in Marseille with discussions focusing on topics such as: How the low cost carrier model is evolving; Government policies and how industry bodies can work together to implement changes for the good of the whole industry; and How, as the fastest growing segment of the travel and tourism industry, the cruise industry can work more closely with the aviation industry.
Katie Bland, Director Routes for UBM Live commented: "We are thrilled that Mr. Gagey will open the Strategy Summit at this year's Routes Europe in Marseille, France's second city. Mr. Gagey will be in good company with the excellent line-up of speakers this year that are sure to make for some very interesting discussions around some of the most topical aviation issues affecting the region."
Many other industry thought leaders have confirmed their participation at the second annual Routes Europe Strategy Summit including: John Hanlon, Secretary General, ELFAA; Josef Formosa Gauci, Chief Executive Officer, Malta Tourism Authority; Mark Anzur, President of the Management Board and CEO, Adria Airways; Athar Husain Khan, CEO, Association of European Airlines; Pini Shani, Director Overseas Department, Israel Ministry of Tourism; Fernando Estrada, Strategy & Alliances Director, Vueling; Tamur Goudarzi Pour, Director Network Planning, Lufthansa; John Weatherill, Director, Network & Schedule Planning, WestJet and Christian Delom, Director of Strategy and New Technologies, Atout France, the French national tourist office.
Now in its 9th year, Routes Europe is the only network planning forum for the entire European region and the 2014 event, which is expected to attract representatives from almost 70 countries, will be hosted by Marseille-Provence Airport at the Palais du Pharo in the picturesque regional capital of Southern France. Routes Europe brings together over 1,000 delegates from airports, airlines, tourism authorities and other industry stakeholders from across Europe to discuss air service development.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM Live Routes LtdFor further information: For further press information please contact: Victoria Jones, PR Executive, Routes, T: +44-(0)161-234-2730, E: email@example.com