Sonoco Receives Outstanding Merchandising Achievement Awards
HARTSVILLE, S.C., March 28, 2014 /CNW/ - Sonoco (NYSE: SON), one of the largest diversified global packaging companies, announced that its display and packaging services business won six awards at the Point of Purchase Advertising International (POPAI) 56th annual Outstanding Merchandising Achievement (OMA) competition.
POPAI's annual OMA competition recognizes the most innovative and effective retail promotions. Approximately 460 entrants from more than 75 companies were adjudicated in 27 industry categories during this year's competition, held during GlobalShop 2014 in Las Vegas. Entries were judged on innovation, interactivity, design and the proven ability to lift sales.
Sonoco won six OMA awards, including:
- Gold award, temporary division, drug store retailer category – InComm's Holiday Tree Gift Cards display for Rite Aid
- Gold award, semi-permanent division, hair care and skin care category – Unilever's Vaseline® Spray & Go® Moisturizer launch campaign displays
- Silver award, semi-permanent division, supermarket-retailer category – Unilever's Vaseline® Spray & Go® Moisturizer launch campaign semi-permanent floorstand
- Silver award, temporary division, snack product category- Mondelez International's Trident® and Stride®/Dentyne® floor bin displays
- Budget award*, temporary division, snack product category- Mondelez International's Trident® and Stride®/Dentyne® floor bin displays
- Bronze award, permanent division, hair care and skin care category – Unilever's TONI&GUY® HAIR MEET WARDROBE launch displays
"We are extremely proud of our retail merchandising team, who were again recognized for their outstanding work with customers to provide innovative, customized marketing solutions," said Jeff Tomaszewski, division vice president and general manager, Sonoco Display and Packaging.
*The budget award recognizes entries that had great impact while being budget-conscious. To be eligible for the Budget Award, entries achieved Gold, Silver, or Bronze Awards, and cost under $25 for temporary; under $50 for semi-permanent; and under $100 for permanent.
Photos of these award-winning displays can be downloaded using the following link: https://app.box.com/s/othmw4rtoay44ncpoovm.
Founded in 1899, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and packaging supply chain services. With annualized net sales of approximately $4.9 billion, the Company has 19,900 employees working in over 335 operations in 33 countries, serving many of the world's best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco is a proud member of the 2013/2014 Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. For more information on the Company, visit our website at www.sonoco.com.
Since 1936, POPAI (Point of Purchase Advertising International) has served as the leading international advocate and voice of the marketing at retail industry. We are composed of chapters worldwide and serve more than 1,400 member companies internationally. POPAI promotes, protects and advances the broader interests of the marketing at retail community through original research, certified education, awarding industry excellence, hosting trade forums and protecting intellectual and legislative rights. Learn more at www.popai.com.
SOURCE SonocoFor further information:
Roger Schrum, +843-339-6018, firstname.lastname@example.org