80% of parents would take their kids out of school for a week+ family vacation
tripcentral.ca releases part 1 of the family vacation survey conducted by leading marketing research firm, Ipsos Reid.
HAMILTON, ON, March 4, 2014 /CNW/ - With spring break coming up, tripcentral.ca polled 1,000 Canadian parents and 295 teens about their travel habits. Ipsos Reid conducted the survey using a sophisticated online methodology*. The results are available on the tripcentral.ca website along with a summary presentation, infographic, and raw data counts highlighting provincial, gender, age, and other breakdowns.
Key survey findings:
- Over 80% of parents would take their kids out of elementary school for a 5-day school week or more for a family vacation.
- 7.1% of parents would not take their kids out of school at all
- 11.4% of parents would take their kids out of school for 1-4 school days
- 69% of parents would take their kids out of school for 5-10 school days (at least a week)
- 12.5% of parents would take their kids out of school for 11 days or more
- Over 70% of parents would take their teenagers out of high school for a 5-day school week or more for a family vacation
- 10.6% of parents would not take their teenagers out of high school at all
- 18% of parents would take their teenagers out of school for 1-4 days
- 60.2% of parents would take their teenagers out of school for 5-10 days
- 11.2% of parents would take their teenagers out of school for a 11 days or more
- Quebeckers are less likely than Ontarians to take their kids out of school
- The survey results also contain information on the type of activities families enjoy, their vacation wish list, and parents' comfort level with allowing their kids to wander alone on a resort. For further information, refer to the link below.
"The results of the family vacation survey are overwhelmingly positive, with 98% of parents and 95% of teens either loving or liking being away on vacation with their family", according to Richard Vanderlubbe, President of tripcentral.ca. "I'm a bit surprised at the numbers of people who would take their kids out of school for lengths of time approaching two weeks or more."
With tripcentral.ca's unique Vacation Finder Grid, customers may now filter only options that accommodate their family in one room. Finding accommodations that will hold families of five or more in one room is now fast and easy on the tripcentral.ca website. A trip for five to Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa in Mexico will be awarded through Facebook. To enter the contest, participants must complete a form with their contact information. A random draw on March 18th will determine the winner.
Further conclusions from this survey will be released over the next few weeks.
Detailed survey results available at:
*These are the findings of an Ipsos Reid poll conducted on behalf of tripcentral.ca from February 19 to 24, 2014, via the Ipsos online I-say panel. For the survey a sample of 1,000 Canadians adults who have travelled by air in the last three years for vacation, or intend to travel on vacation in the next year, and have teens in the household, was surveyed. A sample of 295 teens were surveyed with a separate set of questions.
SOURCE tripcentral.caFor further information:
Manager Marketing & Specialty Products
905-570-9999 x 7380
905-570-9999 x 7452
905-570-9999 x 7453