Routes Americas Hands Over to Denver International Airport
Routes Americas to take place in North America for the first time in 2015 as the event heads to Denver
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador, Feb. 25, 2014 /CNW/ - After a record event in San Salvador which saw 487 delegates registered to attend the event, more than ever before, the Ministry of Tourism El Salvador have officially handed the event over to Denver, the host destination for the 8th Routes Americas event.
Building on the success of this year's event, the route development forum for the entire Americas region, which now incorporates Network USA, will take place 1-3 February 2015 hosted by Denver International Airport, supported by Visit Denver. This will mark the first time that Routes Americas will be held in North America.
"On behalf of Denver Mayor Michael Hancock and Denver International Airport CEO Kim Day, I am delighted to invite Routes Americas delegates to Denver next February," said Denver International Airport's Vice President of Air Service Development, Laura Jackson, speaking during the handover ceremony which took place today in San Salvador at the 7th Routes Americas event: "With nonstop service to more than 180 destinations worldwide, accessing Denver will be easy," said Jackson. "And preparations are already underway for an unforgettable 'winter wonderland' experience, a first for Routes Americas."
Adrian Newton, Group Director Transport and Technology at UBM Live, organisers of Routes Americas, said: "Following this year's successful event here in San Salvador we are thrilled to be taking Routes Americas to Denver and to North America for the first time next year. Denver International Airport offers unparalleled air service options for our delegates and we feel that Routes Americas has potential for even more growth in 2015. In addition, Denver International Airport will celebrate its 20th anniversary in February 2015 and bringing the aviation community of the Americas to the 'Mile High' city in the same month will be a fitting celebration of this landmark event."
Denver, known as the Mile High city due to its position above sea level, benefits from 300 days of sunshine a year. Located east of a major mountain range the city has an iconic skyline positioned against the stunning backdrop of the Rocky Mountains. In addition, the city is located just 340 miles (547 kilometres) from the exact centre of the continental United States - closer to the centre of the nation than any other city of its size. Coupled with an impressive air service, Denver also has a very strong public ground transportation system that connects the metropolitan area's three million residents.
In 2013 Denver International Airport served more than 52 million passengers and ranked as the 5th-busiest airport in North America. Fifteen passenger airlines provide nearly 1,600 daily flights to more than 180 worldwide destinations nonstop from Denver International. Denver International Airport is a hub for United Airlines, Southwest Airlines and Frontier Airlines. In addition, Denver International is served by six foreign-flag carriers: Aeromexico, Air Canada, British Airways, Icelandair, Lufthansa and Volaris. In terms of domestic U.S. destinations served, Denver's robust network ranks second only to Atlanta (ATL): passengers today can reach more than 160 U.S. destinations in 44 states nonstop.
Denver International Airport will celebrate its 20th anniversary on 28 February 2015 and, in addition, the first major expansion to Denver International since 1995 is currently underway and will be completed in the first half of 2015. The South Terminal Redevelopment Program (STRP) will include the development of a new hotel and conference centre, public transit centre and public plaza for community programming and events that connects the development to the existing Jeppesen Terminal.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM Live Routes LtdFor further information: For further press information please contact: Victoria Jones, PR Executive, Routes, T: +44-(0)161-234-2730, E: email@example.com