Investors Meet Canada's 2013 Award-Winning Hedge Fund Managers
TORONTO, Feb. 4, 2014 /CNW/ - On the afternoon of Tuesday, February 18, 2014, a diverse group of investors will gather at the prestigious Albany Club to hear from six winners of the 2013 Canadian Hedge Fund Awards. The managers will explain their investment strategies, their perspective on the market opportunities for 2014 and beyond and discuss the critical questions that need to be addressed before making an investment in a hedge fund. The 2013 Canadian Hedge Fund Awards were the sixth annual awards but this is the first time winners have come together in a special event for investors.
Canada's rapidly growing hedge fund industry is now estimated to have $30 billion in assets under management. Increasingly, individual investors are seeking out alternative investment strategies, historically available only to the 'uber-wealthy' and institutional investors.
This special event, sponsored by Scotiabank and Fundata, will include a keynote address on the Market Forecast 2014 by Derek Holt, Vice President, Scotia Economics, Capital Markets Research, Scotiabank as well as presentations and moderated panel discussions by:
- Andrea Horan, Portfolio Manager, Agilith Capital, Inc. The Agilith North American Diversified Fund offers Canadian investors a diversification tool to the resource-heavy TSX. Its 3-year annualised returns won third place in the established fund category at the 2013 CHFAs.
- Michael Gentile, VP and Senior Portfolio Manager, Formula Growth. The Formula Growth Alpha Fund's goal is to minimise downside volatility and drawdowns while maintaining low correlation to the overall market through low equity and sectoral market exposure. The fund took third place in the new fund category at the 2013 CHFAs.
- Stephen Loukas, Partner and Portfolio Manager, FrontFour Capital Corp. The FrontFour Opportunity Fund took second place in the 2013 CHFA new fund category with a focus on value event-driven opportunities in North America.
- Jan Mizrahi, Portfolio Manager and CEO, JM Fund Management. The JM Catalyst Fund LP is a long biased, multi-strategy hedge fund which took second place in the best Sharpe ratio category in the 2013 CHFAs.
- Richard Pilosof, CEO and Head of Risk, RP Investment Advisors. The RP Debt Opportunities Fund is a long/short credit fund which took first place in the 2013 CHFAs best Sharpe ratio category.
- Jeff Olin, President, CEO and Co-Portfolio Manager, Vision Capital Corporation. The Vision Opportunity Funds focus primarily on the real estate sector and invest predominantly in publicly-traded equity securities. Vision took second place in the established fund category at the 2013 CHFAs.
"We are very pleased to be participating in this event," commented Jeff Olin of Vision Capital. "It's an excellent opportunity for investors to increase their understanding and appreciation of alternative investments in general, and these funds in particular."
SOURCE Alternative IQFor further information:
For more information about this event, please contact:
The participating Hedge Fund Managers can be contacted as follows:
JM Fund Management
Ann Glazier Rothwell
RP Investment Advisors